Landscaper/builders to replace front garden wall

edited October 2012 in Local discussion
Hello. I remember a discussion about a good building team that had replaced some front garden walls in SG but can't find the thread. Can anyone recommend someone who can do this for us? Ours is falling apart. Thanks

Comments

• If you haven't done so already, please remember to apply for planning permission if you are in the conservation area.<br>
  • Do you need planning permission for a fence on the side of a property? (Not the front)
  • Not unless it's over two meters high.<br>
  • See the excellent wall recently built by Joe corner of Stonest St and Evershot Road nr church. That only cost £300 I'm told. Chang
  • Thanks Chang will have a look. You have his details?<br>
  • <P>I'm looking to have some similar type work done, but being quoted stupid prices by people who are not even local (on these rated people type websites). Anyone have a local builders number, someone reliable and to a reasonable work standard?</P>
  • I'm also hoping to find some up-to-date recommendations for good local builders. I need someone to sort out some damp issues in our kitchen, and do a bit of painting. Has anyone used anyone recently that they'd recommend?
  • Garden wall request again! This is one that comes around fairly often. Does anyone have any suggestions for someone who could put up a small brick wall in the back garden? (around 8 foot long by 3 foot tall). I have used and recommended Philippa on this site as a builder - she is great - but I'm after something quite small and basic, and I need it done quickly. If you know anyone who could do this kind of thing at modest rates and short notice - well, I can hope ...