Zing Zing - new Chinese delivery/takeaway

edited April 2013 in Local discussion
www.zing-zing.co.uk<div><br></div><div>Just opened on Blackstock Rd.  Menu looks really good.  </div><div><br></div><div>Aiming to check it out at the weekend.  Anyone tried it yet?</div>

Comments

• Menu does look good and it is delivrred by ex F1 drivers apparently
  • edited April 2013
    Just tried it - not very good I'm afraid. They refunded my card, but I still couldn't eat it - that bad. It's a shame because the menu does sound good. Perhaps they will get things sorted when they have had a bit of practice. Last night was their first night open apparently.<br>
  • Just had the best pepper squid and ribs for a long time. As they are just starting up it took a bit of time to get- but was worth the wait.
  • Ordered last night. Bit of a wait -50 mins to be delivered, but perfect food. Nice to have a good Chinese in the area.
  • I thought it was pretty good. Beef with orange was bland but veggy dish was good.
  • Really good. Had the sesme chicken. spot on. thanks.
  • Tried it this weekend and was very impressed! every dish was great - agree with the above poster about the sesame chicken! Delivered quickly as well. Been trying out quite a few takeaways in the area recently and this one comes out top at the moment!
  • Is there a minimum order value? I've ploughed through the whole site & couldn't find one, but I can't believe that there isn't one!
  • I like little good earth just by crouch hill train station - usually don't like takeaway chinese but they are very good.
  • @vetski - thanks for bringing that to our attention. Free delivery over £12 - will list it more clearly on <a href="http://www.zing-zing.co.uk">zing-zing.co.uk</a> :-)
  • @joshzingzing, thanks. Didn't think I'd be able to get just an order of wings & ribs delivered, but was slightly hopeful!
  • I think the idea is that it all looks so good, there's no way we'll be able to order less than £12's worth!
  • Haha, thanks @harpistic, we had a few teething troubles but now the food is all going out perfectly :-) pleased to be in the neighbourhood!
  • I'm really glad to hear that! I adore Indonesian food, so I'll be sure to start ordering lots! :)
  • Packaging, presentation and delivery were all great - about 25mins.  Website easy to use, and price was alright.<br><br>Maybe I chose unwisely, but I can't put my finger on it, I just didn't really enjoy it tbh.  The sticky ribs were pretty good, but the quantities/tastiness of the mains was well down on what I've come to expect from standard Chinese takeaways.  <br><br>Beef in blackbean sauce didn't have a great deal of 'other stuff' in it, usually there's plenty of sauce with onions and beans and whatnot. There was a fair bit of beef which I guess is the point, but not so much beany stuff.  The smoked and shredded chicken was also pretty chewy, though there was a bit more of it.  It's marked as 'hot' on the menu though, but a few chili shavings doesn't make a dish 'hot' by any modern UK palate does it? Nothing special.  <br><br>Might be more authentic than e.g. Silk Maker in Hornsey or whatever though, but I think I prefer the msg-rich stuff you get from there, with all the sauce.<br><br>I managed to eat the ribs, two mains and half the rice.  Usually there would be enough to feed two people/or me for two meals. <br><br>Might give it another shot, but was style over substance for me I'm afraid, but don't let that put anyone off.<br>
  • I've ordered from Zing Zing several times and it is one of the best chinese deliveries I've had, big portions, tasty and no MSG :) <div><br></div><div>Downside is they can sometimes take 60 - 90mins to deliver. Other times I've had it in 15/20mins. </div>
  • I tried it last week. Delivery time was fine. Food was Ok but would use them again over other Chinese places due to their ethos and healthy focus!
  • <p>They also won't deliver to Ashley Road, a whopping 1.3 miles from their shop.</p><p>Curse my N19 postcode!</p><p> </p>
  • It's surely a mistake they don't deliver to N19?  It's no further away than N8.<br><br>I'm 1.2 miles from Zing Zing and they won't deliver but they appear happy to deliver to my friend in Hornsey that is 2.5 miles away...<br>
  • I'm going to revise my review of Zing Zing as the quality seems to fluctuate depending on what day of the week it is. When ordering early in the week I find the food less appetising, prawn crackers stale or none at all. I'm not sure if this is because they don't stock up on fresh ingredients until later in the week? 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • First you're busty and now you're thinking of crotches. What's next? Horn(se)y?<br>Err, just wondering.<br>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Don't be sorry. I think it's quite amusing.<br>
  • Your autocorrect chooses crotch instead of crouch? Impressive!
  • Hi guys, thanks for all the support and feedback. It's thanks to our loyal customers that we have managed to open another store in Kentish Town to cope with the demand :-).<div><br></div><div>Just to clear up the delivery radius stuff, we're still really new so revising all the time, but this is currently in the system:</div><div><br></div><div><div style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Finsbury Park Store:</div><div style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">N16 (full). N5 (full).  N4 (full). N1 1. N1 2. N1 3. N1 4. N1 5.  N7 6. N7 7. N7 8. N8 0. N8 9. N19 3. N19 4.</div></div><div style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></div><div style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Kentish Town Store:</div><div style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">NW1 (full). NW5 (full). NW3 (full). N1 0. N1 8. N1 9. N7 0. N7 9. N19 5.</div><div style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></div><div style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">@djmattyoung - Thanks for the feedback. We actually get deliveries daily (including Sunday!), and all food is made fresh on the day :-). This include prawn crackers which are cooked pre-service everyday. However, still really want to investigate your experience so any chance you could email me a few more details? josh@zing-zing.co.uk.</div><div style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></div><div style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">So.....what's this about crotch end?</div><div style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div>