Red Rita's , N4 pub, Fonthill , Duke of Edinburgh pub - new theme

Comments

• I only have one front tooth.
  • The Auld Shillelagh people tweeted the news.
  • Can someone please explain how to pronounce 'Shillelagh'? Thx!
  • There was a fight at 730 so it's going well. Chang Ps they isn't changed the sign yet
  • Hey Chang i think you need to visit.<div> We do not sell carling it is not going to be a sports bar, there will not be" downstairs dance bar"  I'm not sure I like your racist comment about children and there was not a fight @7.30.</div><div>It will be a well run locals bar with Real Ales, good selection of wines from all over the world,hand pump ciders and European beers.</div><div>We have just done a cosmetic job on the inside for now as we intend doing a major refurb in the autumn.</div><div>Please drop in and see us I have no doubt you will be pleasantly surprise!</div><div><br></div><div>Regards</div><div>Aonghus (Owner)</div>
  • Shillelagh is pronounced shhh ill ay lee!!<div>hope this helps Vetski</div>
  • That's not at all how I imagined it would sound - thanks, @inderut!
  • An Irish bar with a bit of Twin Peaks is always good. 
  • edited June 2013
    Shillelagh is more sh lay lee
  • edited June 2013
    Ok, hand pump cider does sound good. Pity bout the sports bit cos it was always a highlight of the old place. And the dance bar did sound a bit ambitious For these parts. When it gets going You must tell us more . Good luck! Chang
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2013
    I think we should invite Chang to join us at the social and sit a SG verification test of our devising.....
  • @Inderut Very glad you're here and best of luck. Chang reports from an alternative reality,
  • Chang sudacream is £1.49.
  • edited December 2017
  • edited June 2013
    Do you really, Miss Cara? How intriguing. Is (s)he a creative genius? I've come to see the puppeteer behind Tom and Chang in that way. With a considerable dose of mischief, of course - and why not? We've had nasty trolls as well, but not this one.. but other stroudorgers may disagree.
  • Perhaps Chang is Andy's other side.  Doubt it as Andy seems very nice and together.  I reckon Chang has another regular ID on here all the same.
  • edited June 2013
    Don't tell Jonty...if my patients had the imagination showed above, I'd never be able to de-lice them without a hellva scratching. Chang
  • <font class="Apple-style-span" face="Tahoma"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(119, 119, 119); line-height: 27px; "><font class="Apple-style-span" size="2">@<;a href="/profile/4629/inderut" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; text-decoration: none; color: rgb(43, 45, 51); border-style: initial; border-color: initial; ">inderut</a> </font></span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(119, 119, 119); font-size: 11px; line-height: 27px; ">- </span></font><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma; line-height: 18px; ">Hi </span><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Tahoma"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="line-height: 18px; ">Aonghus, thanks very much for the drink yesterday, very kind of you.  The place looks great and I wish you all the best. Cristian </span></font>
  • I'm definitely going now! Yay Chang
  • Cheers everybody, for all your lovely & encouraging good luck messages . Yes@Peter Crumb we have been @The Auld Shillelagh for 22yrs..@cristo You are very welcome.Thanks for calling.<div><br></div><div>Aonghus</div>
  • Maybe name should be The New Shillelagh? I quite liked the SG Utd name but if footy ain't a big feature maybe we can have a competition for a new name if Aonghus agrees? Mine wud be Corporation of Stroud Green cos there is a nice badge and history to historic genteel boozing to it. Chang
  • <p>ChangN4N6: You sound absolutely charming (not) - here's an invitation for you. </p><p>'You are un-cordially invited to meet with me and several members of my Irish family - most of us have ginger hair - we prefer to call it auburn/ burnished copper or sometimes even strawberry blonde. </p><p>Hmm, surely we can find a ginger fat kid for you to ridicule to his face although he's fairly muscle bound these days with all that exercise down at the boxing club, he needs to keep fit in order to travel safely through life trying ward off bullies like you. </p>
  • Touchy, Mary. The GFK was not Irish and I did not imply that he was. I have nothing against the Irish! Ginger is widely used - Harry , Geri, chris Evans, Damien Lewis - get over it. Strawberry, I ask you... My gf is ginger an plump (but not Irish) so go figga. You end with cliche violent threat slightly letting the wind out of your own argument t. Chang
  • Hello Mary, first of all, welcome! You'll get used to to the various characters on this forum. Chang for example has a penchant for flights of fancy and winding people up and is absolutely obsessed with the WI and Moray Rd. I actually live on Moray Rd and have met Aonghus. The pub looks great, and it's a pleasure to have a traditional pub on the doorstep.
  • <p>Hello Miss Annie,</p><p>Thank you very much for your message, so kind of you to take the time to send it. </p><p>Chang sounds like a sad individual. Probably hasn't got much of a life away from his computer, where he vents his troll-like spleen; I can just imagine him shuffling around all day in a filty flat in smelly clothes. And now, he pretending that he's got a girlfriend, as if! I notice that he's removed his offensive script (too late, mate, you are in our radar).</p><p>We will definitely be making the new pub our local, Cheers!</p>