Social?

Comments

• edited June 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2013
    | think my complaining on here about Sugar Lounge brought it into consciousness. It worked and I think things have to be fought on a social media level nowadays.  I knew what I was doing and eventually through here and other actions a bar that didn't respect its neighbours closed down.  People power.  <div><br></div><div>I realise I was a pain in the arse but I didn't like been told , just move.  I had every right to live in social housing on a main road and complain about <span style="font-size: 10pt;"> illegal activity occuring in a bar.  Boring but if you lived near it you'd feel the same about loads of teen girlies screaming their heads off after heavy dosed cocktails.  It wasn't as sedate as you like to make out.  But I guess if you can head back to a quiet road after it's all okay.  </span></div><div><br></div><div>As I said I'm no spring chicken and deserve a flat at my age and I work hard.  No scrounger.  No kids. No pram abuser........... Most people see me as nice man who is friendly and a good neighbour.</div><div><br></div><div>I'm sorry I challenged your views that people can live on a main road in social housing and not have to hear crazy drunks until 4am.  I accept the traffic, the drunks shouting on the street but one thing I don't accept is a bar that allows people to shout their guts out under the influence of cocktails until the early hours.  I think a lot of my neighbours feel the same way.</div>
  • More importantly, who's up for farewell drinks at the Stapleton Tavern tonight?<br>
  • It's not closing for three weeks.  Is n't it??<br><br>
  • edited June 2013
    It will be open for another two weeks....at least that's what they just told me<br><br>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Misscara, you made accusations I was profiting from subletting.  Don't deny it.  I rented it at social rent to a friend of a friend and actually made a slight loss but I remember you making a big deal on here about people who rent their social flats at a profit.  I really resented that as I'm a decent bloke but you used some Daily Mail cliche to have a go at me. And by the way it wasn't a private let, it went through my social landlord.  Wrong again.  You have a chip against people like myself who sought social rent.  I got no special ranking. You could have done the same but I suspect you're from a posh background and afraid to lower yourself to begging for social housing.  I'm working class and not afraid and I fucking deserve it.  You're quite a nasty person who showed me no mercy even when I told you about my father's death.  And you moan about people with children but probably adore dogs or cats.  Get a grip.  Don't fucking try to control me, back off you nasty control freak. i will never forgive you for hatred of people who actually work and don't ponce around drinking cocktails.  
  • @ Misscara. By the way it took me years to get the flat. I think social housing should be extended but most of you don't care as was evidenced by your attitude a few years ago.  I've actually been involved in the housing sector on a voluntary basis helping others into housing for nearly two decades and before you point the finger it didn't give me any extra credit in getting where I am.  Anyhow, I'll stop I'm fucking livid.<div><br></div><div>What makes me very mad is your emphasis Misscara on your innocence.  You're not.  You're a nasty piece of work who is very prejudiced against people who are working class.  You're a Northerner but I suspect a posh one who trades off your Northern Stone Roses accent while having lots of privilege. I can tell by your writing that you're not working class as it's faultless.  </div><div><br></div><div>Go read the Telegraph or Daily Mail, maybe write for it.  'Social housing taking over London'  How dare they have cheaper flats than mine.</div><div><br></div>
  • edited June 2013
    <P>Kreuzkav, that is very rude.</P> <P>You are as wrong about Misscara's background as you probably think people are about you. No one cares if you live in social housing, you are not the only member of this forum who does and you are certainly not the only one working in a low paid or minimum wage job - try working in a bookshop and paying private rents.</P> <P>What irritates people, actually what irritates me, is the fact that you appear never to take a moment to appreciate the extremely fortunate situation you are in, living in a rent controlled property in a desirable location. </P> <P>In my experience the members of this forum are an extremely diverse bunch with an incredibly diverse range of financial situations, political beliefs, education and cultural backgrounds etc. And yet you stick everyone in the same pigeonhole and assume that everyone is rich and spends all their time 'poncing around drinking cocktails'. I think that it is very small minded way to judge people by how much money they have and whether they have a bloody iphone or not (pop along to Carphone Warehouse they give them away for about £15 per month all inc).</P> <P>A wiser person than I once said that we are blessed with two ears but only one mouth because we should listen more than we speak. I commend this wise advice to you. Come along to the social, listen to what people say and you will be pleasantly surprised by how interesting, friendly and tolerant people are.</P>
  • edited June 2013
    And third point, I don't live on a housing association.  Misscara, for someone who says I make false judgements you trump me.    <div><br></div><div>The reason I mentioned I lived in social housing is you and other people said 'why don't you move?'  Of course I made the mistake of mentioning I lived in social housing and many of you went...you should be happy, you shouldn't complain, cheap rent..........</div><div><br></div><div>Then you contradict yourself on here saying 'no one is saying you can't complain because you live in social housing.  Very wrong.  I know you said a few years ago I shouldn't complain because I should be grateful I live in Stroud Green in social housing.  I feel I save a few grand a year from it but why the big hatred of social housing.  There are people earning nearly twice my salary for less work.  It's like a lot of people just have a hatred of social structures and by the way where I live's rent is cheap because it was bought in the 70s and mortgaged and I'm actually paying for its diminished cost.  Again Misscara, wrong again, no government hand out.  I pay tax and even if I got a slight reduction on rent the thousands I pay on tax a year compensate for it.  And I think at this stage I'm subsidised at most by about a grand a year.  The bankers and their fancy buildings? Ten thousand ...?</div><div><br></div>
  • I'm coming to the social, and really we just don't care if you live in social housing, a mansion or a skip. Stop being a knob and come along. What the worst that can happen.
  • @ Miss Annie.  My bile is about Miss Cara who likes to constantly wind me up but you just think it's okay.  A lot of people on here seem to have a chip against social housing but nothing against posh nobs who earn 40 k a year.  I do pay rent and have to furnish it.  Yes, I save a few grand a year and I would live in Europe if I didn't have my flat but the way Miss Cara goes I feel like was some kind of prince.   Why such bile against me for having a ramshackle flat that I've had to do up myself.  I'm quite happy at the moment but what I don't like  is this constant Daily Mail hatred against me because I got a cheap flat in SG.  I'm not disabled,gay, ...You could all have got the same flat.  I used my edge to get it and believe you I used it.  It wasn't easy.  
  • edited June 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm coming! I've cancelled the trip to the death fork rally (too much hassle on the train with a bicycle and an additional frame), etc. So I'm in on the 5th. Ha! First ever social. About time after 1.5 years in SG.<br>
  • <P>Kreuzkav, I said you were rude because you were. It doesn't matter if agree with Misscara or if I don't, you used crude and offensive language  which puts you in the wrong (and shows a lack of imagination).</P> <P> </P> <P>Did you read my post? NO ONE CARES if you live in social housing. No one cares that I pay more to live in a ramshackle flat (collapsing floorboards, no central heating, damp and draughty). I don't envy you for what you have in the same way that I don't envy people who earn 40k or more a year either. The people I know who do have all worked hard at university to eventually get excellent jobs - not from rich or privileged backgrounds, uni was free in my studying days the same as it was in yours if you are over 30 odd. </P> <P> </P> <P>What you get from life tends to be due to outlook and what you put in, if you pour negativity and rage into this community, that is unfortunately what you will get back.</P> <P> </P>
  • @ Miss Cara, the way you go on you'd think I was the devil.  I don't live in a penthouse.  I live in ramshackle flat that doesn't have a proper shower and thin walls on a busy road. I bet you live on a quiet one with a garden and I don't have a garden which is fine. I pay a bit less than market rent but I'm responsible for doing the place up.  Not complaining.  Lots of people on SG.Org have big salaries, double incomes. I pay my rent and don't get benefit.  I work 40 hours a week, sometimes more.   Again I'm not saying I'm hard done by, and you were wrong about me subletting via private means.  I deserve an an apology as it's slander.  You made a big dramatic deal about that and people it was slander.  I'm legally backed up on this one. So back off, and stop having a go at me because I pay a few grand less a year than you do for a fairly bad flat, No penthouse, no garden, no balcony, no fittings.  Back off..
  • Actually it's libel but lets not quibble over something you are wrong about.
  • Thats a good question. The Fonthill sign is still up so shall we call it that until otherwise informed?
  • @ Misscara.  You're the bully.  You said I subletted via private means which is a lie and slander when I didn't .  You ganged up on me a few years ago and I was going through hell with death...You're the bully and a big one.  <div><br></div><div>You didn't care about it.  At least Miss Annie pmed me and I have respect for her for that but you just dug and dug.  Kreuzchav...You're a nasty person and not nice in my books.</div>
  • edited December 2017
  • I know misscara personally she is not a bully. and nothing she has said has constituted bullying. For years and years I was bullied so i know enough about it. But this no, you are the aggressor not she. Nobody cares where you live nobody cares how much money you earn nobody cares what car you drive. We just don't care enough about you to let it bother us. Come to the drinks please it would be nice to put a name to the face.
  • @ joe, one love, I'll spin you round like a record.  Man up.  Maybe if I join Pete Burns for a bit of nosh at megacafe, glam meself up in me social housing flat then take on Stroud Green. I'll out man every macho Stone Roses fan that hasn't gone back to MadChester.  Watch out!
  • Have you been drinking? You know you can't magic your posts away in the morning any more right?...
  • This is tiresome. I think I'm going to bed. Good night.<br>
  • @ Misscara.  what hypocrisy? You wanted to put me down when I said a friend stayed in my flat when I was away. You jumped to daily mail conclusions even though as I said I didn't make a profit.   If I went away and sublet a private flat you wouldn't have made a fuss and you made a fuss.  And I made no profit. I was encouraged to do so by my social landlord because they knew I'd come back to london.  <div><br></div><div>You now go on like 'poor innocent me' I didn't say a  thing.  You resent social housing people and it's clear from the way you attacked me. I don't care I have my flat for as long as I pay rent so ......na na</div>