Would you like to sell your stuff - Clothes, books, toys, bric a brac etc? Jumble & Craft trail

edited August 2013 in Local discussion
<P>Today I cycled over to Hackney for the first Hackney Jumble & Craft Trail, more details here <A href="http://hackneysaletrail.tumblr.com/">http://hackneysaletrail.tumblr.com/</A></P>; <P>In a nutshell: Over a hundred tables in front gardens all around the area selling, well, stuff. Clothes (women's, men's, children's), books, records, toys, china, furniture, bric a brac. A few people selling original art and handmade wares, lots of homemade lemonade, tea and cakes. There's a map in the link above that shows what was on offer and where. It was good fun, a brilliant social thing as well as absolutely bargainous!</P> <P>This got me thinking...could we do something similar here? Would anyone be keen?</P>

Comments

• Me. I've e-mailed Haringey Council to find out about the street licence issue, and have mentioned, quite pointedly, that Hackney residents didn't need them!
  • I totally forgot this was on :(<br><br>On the street licence issue, are you sure none were required? Maybe the organiser had all the relevant licences. That's how the Archway market on Holloway Road works. None of the individual stallholder need licences, because the woman who organises it all has them. <br>
  • Don't know about that, but I do know that there was absolutely no cost for stall holders at all. Someone I know was selling her stuff, I've emailed to ask for the organiser's name. @vetski, did you find the Hackney Hive link?
  • Oh, and if Haringey are typically awkward...I live in Islington part of SG, we could do it our side. Could have shared tables in gardens.
  • No, I didn't but have now. I sent the council several other links, and they are looking into it - which beats an outright 'No'!
  • Haringey = sod the residents and look after the bureaucrats and jobsworths. They'll whack on a big license fee for sure. Look at Budgens Stall 4 All in Crouch End.
  • In May 2012 when the WI had the cake stall at the library it was Neighbourhood Day and people had stalls outside their homes selling stuff along Stapleton Hall Rd. Was a trading licence needed for this? I think it was organised by the SGRA?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Just picking this up, we are doing the jumbletrail again this year in Hackney, August 3rd and this time we have set-up a website www.jumbletrail.com to make it super easy join, follow or set one up yourselves in Stroud Green.<div><br></div><div>hope you like it</div><div><br></div><div>Matt </div>