What is the Aroma bakery becoming?

edited March 2007 in Reviews
I mean the one right next to Tesco and Miso. All signs point to it being turned into a bar but don't they have to advertise their licensing applications/situation?

Anyone know what it's going to be?

Comments

• edited 4:37PM
    I noticed this too.
    It also looked like they had some sort of patio towards the back.
    i reckon it's going to be a cafe/restaurant. there's quite a large kitchen in there.
    I'd say so too. With Chapter One, White Lion and pubs either side, its hard to see how a bar would work there. Cafe's and restaurants can always carve a niche out despite the competition.
    I think I overheard one of the builders say it was going to be greek.
    When Woody's first openned, my ex and I wandered in to have a look. She had a N.Irish accent and told the guy behind the counter that "This is great" ... to which he replied "No, not Greek ... Turkish"

Just thought I'd share ;)
    If it is Greek, hopefully it'll be better than that awful place just past the Old Dairy that lasted a few months before closing down. We paid £16 for two bits of soggy meat and boiled potatoes and they threatened to call the police when we asked for a refund!
  • LizLiz
    edited 4:37PM
    There's a sign in the window advertising for staff which says it's going to be a Greek meze bar and restaurant called Symposium. Well, at least it's not more pizza...
    Well as long as its not like the one Mike experienced a Greek restaurant would be a good addition to the street, no?
    Greek Meze Restaurant says the sign on the window...
    I'm quite looking forward to this.
  • IanIan
    edited 4:37PM
    Just been to try it out - had to convince the group on the basis that it is too bright and too empty. General impression - pretty good. Good meat & fish. Rice & the hummus type stuff good. Aubergine thing not so good (that is the end of the review for vegetarians and frankly the best I could do from remembering their comments). Chips not so good (but hey it is a Greek restaurant). Don't order the Pino Grigio (terrible - luckily I was on the red). General consensus is that we "would go again but dim the lights please".
  • edited January 2008
    Went into Symposium early friday evening before getting lashed in the fullback. Gotta say the food was great. Slow cooked lamb shoulder with roast spuds metled in the mouth. Calamari good too. They've turned the lights down and chucked some candles in which helps the atmosphere. Downside was being the only people in there - it was early though. Think i'll be trying the Lamb Fasolaki next time.
    I've not tried it yet but have been tempted when passing. It had a couple of veggie options so I'll check it out.