Stroud Green Olive Oil - end of term report

124»

Comments

• There are reasons, and more importantly regulations why it cannot be done the 'old way', for a brief appraisal please see <a href="http://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/olive-oil/legislation/index_en.htm">here</a> & also, please avoid the mention of 'frustrated', 'cock' & 'pizza' this close to bedtime, the image resounds a repulsive scene in the minds eye.
  • Just put it out of your thoughts and think instead at the customers at WLM writhing in SG olive oil as a health-giving Yuletide ritual. I'd gut a few xtra Xmas moggies to pay for a jumbo bottle. Chang
  • edited January 2014
    Dear all, <br><br>Stroud Green Olive Oil was a resounding success over Christmas.  I had nearly 50 customers and sold out of the main supply of 'Aventino' olive oil early on.  It was over 100 litres!    With so many customers, making all the deliveries proved quite a logistical problem, but it got done in the end.    <br><br>As it's been so popular, I'm going to try and keep it going for the rest of the year, but with a few changes.  I'll shortly open a new 2014 order form and will post the link when new bottle sizes and prices are confirmed.   I have in hand a very small supply of 'Casa della Meridiana' Special Reserve 2012 and 2013, and will be arranging delivery of more 'Aventino Valley' 2013 at the end of January.  I'll only order as much as I know I can sell.<br><br>By popular demand, Max and I are planning a second 'olive oil tasting' at Il Piccolo Diavolo, probably on February 4th or 11th (earliest we can do).    <br><br>I will try to arrange for 250ml bottles to be available in all local shops that are interested, though I don't know what the price will have to be......<br><br>The main change is that this time round I'll have to say 'no substitutions'.......I forfeited quite a considerable amount of money and time last month by helpfully providing bottles instead of cans, for example three one-litre bottles instead of a 3-litre can, 'for the same price'.  ( I had to do this because it turned out I couldn't get three litre cans anywhere, but a promise is a promise.)   So some people got a very good bargain.  The bottles are actually very expensive.     I'll be more careful in future.<br><br>I've had a lot of positive feedback.  Thanks, you oliophiles.    I'l carry it on this year and who knows, it'll  continue to enhance Stroud Green Road as the North London place for authentic, healthy food......   Watch this space!<br><br>PS @Mirandola, you were the only customer who got accidentally missed off the delivery schedule.  Your order awaits - when do you want to collect?<br>