Top 3 Heroes of the SG Year RESULTS!

124»

Comments

• Chang, everyone in Lorne Road is mourning your absence, we're all holding handkerchiefs over our noses and cursing. Please come back quickly. Can't you hire a rowing boat?
  • edited January 2014
    <div>Oh dear,  hate to say it.</div><div><br></div>I believe Saturday night  Elf  time, could mean anytime in the near to distant future.  <div><br></div><div>Lets hope hes kept the cats locked up, Elves and cats are not a good combination.<div> <div><div><br></div></div></div></div>
  • My PC is hardly working on the train but the anticipation is building . Sunday trains are crap. Chang
  • The elves have gone to Rowans....
  • edited January 2014
    The votes have been counted . The Counting elves are exhausted. Lorne rd is hushed. there were close numbers so the jury awarded two prizes in each category. Congratulations to the SGHeros of 2013!! Drum roll....lights change to green Bronze button award (Denis Waterman singing 'I could be so good for you' plays) 1 Vitor, Haircutter of Tollington Park " a great professional and a great friendly neighbourhood guy". "He has made his shop a great success in a crowded market" 2 Singing postman (name not known) "a charming character who puts a smile on the faces of the streets he walks ". "My friends in Highbury couldn't believe how lovely and talented he was" Silver medals: (Beyonce 'crazy in love ' plays) 1 . Miss Annie, "indefatigable devotion to WI and craft life. " "a one off ...we need more like her ". ' I read her notes ...and I smell wonderful cakes!" 2 .Paola, opening "best restaurant of the last 2 years " TUFO and "making it such a resounding success and great part of SG life so quickly". "Someone who makes going out a real pleasure". GOLDBAR (Shirley Bassey 'goldfinger' music plays) 1. Andy - keeping it all going with good will and good humour. 'A local hero in a black t -shirt'. "The godfather of SG" 2. Jez - Park Theatre supremo. 'What an achievement - he's changed the neighbourhood' . 'Hats off and thanks to Jez bond for an amazing success on his own drive and talents ' Confetti . Applause. Kittens in red boxes handed to winners . Lights flash. Smile for the camera! Chang
  • Thank you Chang, I'm very flattered. Give my regards to your elves.
  • Congratulations Miss Annie - that is a wonderful achievement for you and all the other SG heroes.<div><br></div><div>Surprised Gita from Tesco didn't get one of the medals<br><div><br></div><div><br></div></div>
  • There will be some Stroud green emerald awards next week... The elves are rummaging. Chang
  • Where are the wooden spoons, putty medals, whatever you call them - the real clunkers? Even in jest?
  • Congratulations Miss Annie, Andy and the Busker outside  Tesco, very well done :)<div><br></div><div>Thank you Chang and the Elves for going above and beyond to bring in the results, bravely working through floods and  thunder storms to prevent the sky falling on SG. </div>
  • Yes, congratulations to all winners and Chang and the elves to make this happen. Ah, wonderful Stroud Green.<br>
  • Thanks for the Vitor recommendation! Had been paying through the nose for a worse haircut in Old Street after being butchered in Smart Design!