Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Top Posters

Emirates stadium

LizLiz
edited March 2007 in Local discussion
BBC London this morning are reporting that Arsenal are inviting local residents to the ground to discuss the impact it has had on the local area (mainly because of complaints about travel problems caused by the higher capacity) but I can't find anything about it in the obvious places online. David, any ideas??

Comments

• edited March 2007
    It is a problem. I've noticed now you can feel the effects of a weekday match from the centre of town all the way back to Finsbury Park. It's quite a difference in volume, like a watershed has been breached. The first few matches we went to, we left the wrong side of the stadium thinking we could walk round it and back onto Hornsey Road but were routed by Police on and on til we came out at Highbury Corner. Ridiculous, but I think these things just take time. They're still working out how to handle the herd. I'm sure it'll sort its self out by early part of next season. <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6505569.stm>;