Pub of the month . New award

2»

Comments

• Tescos was <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Lucida Sans Unicode','sans-serif'">United Dairies and its "Pasteurizing & Bottling Plant, 105 Stroud Green Road, Finsbury Park".  see </P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Lucida Sans Unicode','sans-serif'"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><FONT face=Calibri> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Lucida Sans Unicode','sans-serif'"><o:p><FONT size=3></FONT></o:p></SPAN></P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><A href="http://www.stroudgreen.org/discussion/4863#Item_6"><FONT size=3>http://www.stroudgreen.org/discussion/4863#Item_6</FONT></A></P>; <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><A href="http://www.stroudgreen.org/discussion/4863#Item"></A></FONT> </P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><FONT face=Calibri>WLM was very much a car show room, the garage bit was at the back.  Flower shop was as well.  Osbourne was a real Irish pub,  fights and all</FONT></P> <DIV class=history> <P>This Wetherspoon pub bears the name of one of the Queen's Beasts - heraldic symbols traditionally associated with the British royal family. 'The White Lion' originally featured in the coat of arms of the Mortimer family, and was later incorporated into the coat of arms of King Edward VI.</P></DIV></SPAN>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Elephants keep remembering... And what's wrong with park theatre bar staff? Ps where was/is the Danzi Barr? Chang
  • edited January 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Monkey's know there bananas ... Chang
  • <P>Danzi Bar was the pub before the  Larrick which then went back to being the Stapleton.</P> <P> </P> <P>The place opop the Nobel was something else but was once a Chinesse takeaway at which I was once served sweet and sour pork with a cockroach done  in the batter. </P>
  • Ali, I can't remember if Danzi bar was before or after Bla Blas.  From the mid 90s onwards I remember  The Stapleton Tavern (or Arms),  Danzi Bar, Bla Blas, The Larrick, and now the Stapleton.<div><br></div><div>The Danzi Bar was quite frightening.  Crap house music (and I do like good house music) and a rough crowd.</div>
  • I think it was Danzi Bar and I think I remember the Grange Hill character.  Was he quite short?<div><br></div>
  • In the immortal words of Sir Roy Burgundy, 'stay classy Stroud Green'. Miscarra cracks us up, and she has the cheek to criticise the bar staff at the Park Theatre. All lovely ! Bless. Chang
  • The awards thread is getting list in the skirt lifting memorydrome . Please give us your nominations gold silver and bronze , noting factors as in opening message. Thank u all Chang
  • Chang, did you ever go to Danzibar?
  • I am working on this , will try to fit in another two by the end of the month and report back!
  • Kreuz - I heard tell Danzi was a cracking place . I was only here in the last crazy days of Chapter one- memories of miscarra in the conga on freezing nite with snow and the day the singer stripped off. Sad dem days have gone. It's all hipsters and guardian gareths now
  • edited January 2014
    Chang, Danzibar ceased to exist around 2000.  Chapter One's final installment was in May 2010.  I know, I witnessed its last day. The only congo probably going down was some coke derrivative
  • It woud be good if they joined Danny on the mango stall for a conga. Maybe Misscara could revive her moves. Chang
  • Mr T has informed me he feels like doing something, he doesn't know what but something none the less, so am hopeful to be testing out a local later  unless he falls asleep again!
  • Pls update . We are desperate for pub news. Chang