Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Top Posters

New Lighting Under Stroud Green Railway Bridge

<div style="font-style: normal;"><font face="Arial">I'm a trustee for a(n excellent) local charity (<a href="http://www.allchangearts.org">All Change Arts</a>) that has been appointed to support the commissioning of a major public art lighting scheme for the bridges at Seven Sisters Road and Stroud Green Road. The scheme is known as "Leading Lights". As local residents, there are a couple of aspects you may be interested in:</font></div><div style="font-style: normal;"><font face="Arial"><br></font></div><div style="font-style: normal;"><u><font face="Arial">1) Public Exhibition of Leading Lights</font></u></div><div style="font-style: normal;"><font face="Arial">Four artists have been commissioned to create a concept design for the lighting. You can see these at John Jones' Project Space, Morris Place, during the following public opening times:</font></div> <p class="MsoNormal" style="font-style: normal;"><ul><li><font face="Arial">Tuesday 11 – Thursday 13 March 2014: 11am-6pm </font></li><li><font face="Arial">Friday 14 March 2014: 2pm-6pm </font></li><li><font face="Arial">Saturday 15 March 2014: 11am-3pm</font></li></ul></p> <p class="MsoNormal" style="font-style: normal;"><span lang="EN-US"><font face="Arial"><br></font></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="font-style: normal;"><span lang="EN-US"><u><font face="Arial">2) Supported Visits or Creative Workshops</font></u></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="font-style: normal;"><span lang="EN-US"><font face="Arial">This is basically an opportunity for you to engage with the project by learning more and releasing some creative juices! These are organised sessions (workshops) led by All Change Arts, so if you'd like to participate drop me a private message and if I get numbers we can arrange something.</font></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="font-style: normal;"><span lang="EN-US"><font face="Arial">======================================================</font></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="font-style: normal;"><span lang="EN-US"><font face="Arial"><br></font></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><font face="Arial"><span lang="EN-US" style="font-style: normal;">The Leading Lights initiative is part of a broader 3 year programme called the </span><i>Finsbury Park Creative Hub.</i> This will see the development of temporary and permanent public art works, and a programme of community engagement in partnership with local arts companies including Park Theatre and John Jones Project Space. As a local - all very exciting sounding I'm sure you'll agree!</font></p>