Re-open Hornsey Road Station?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• That would be amazing. It would put the area on the map again
  • Form a personal point of view as I live nearby I would love this.  From a practical (and proffesional) point of view I think it would have a very weak case.<br><br>Looking at the below link you can see just how close these stations would be together.  I think the additional catchment would be minimal as if you were on Hornsey Road it isn't far to either Crouch Hill or Upper Holloway stations.  Also, as the article elludes to, if London Overground trains were going to go to Old Oak Common (once HS2 opens), which is a possibility, you'd need to lengthen the current GOBLIN trains from 2 to at at least 5 car.  This would make the gap between Hornsey Road and Crouch Hill etc even shorter.<br>
  • @N19 I was  excited about this all day. But your logical reasoning does make sense despite deflating me! <div>It will be exciting that you will be able too get to Birmingham from Crouch hill in no time if HS2 ever happens.</div>
  • The interactive map shows the train going from Euston out via Camden and Finchley Rd, is there another bit that joins up to Crouch Hill.
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">The re-opening of Junction Rd is much more likely.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">Here is the link:</div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://carto.metro.free.fr/cartes/metro-tram-london/index.php?gpslat=51.565663&gpslon=-0.118431&zoom=3</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div>
  • There's already precedent for stations very close together: West Hampstead Overground, West Hampstead Underground and West Hampstead Thameslink....  Any re-opening of Junction Road will be too late now that I've retired.
  • Hello @wisteria53, how's Wales? Hope you are having fun over there x
  • Yes but they are all on different lines and they should be close to each other as they are interchange stations.... no-one will interchange between Crouch Hill and Hornsey Road.<br>
  • Junction Road could make collecting the post a bit easier
  • and interchange with a short walk with the Nortern Line aka West Hampsted
  • Ali rightly notes the reason why Junction Road will eventually reopen, and Hornsey Road probably won't.