Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Top Posters

Printed (dispatched) by MailChimp, 512 Means St, Suite 404, Atlanta, GA

AliAli
edited April 2014 in Local discussion
<P> Just noticed that the propoganda e-mails from our Local Lib Dems  have the above message on the bottom of them.</P> <P>Been reading the Snowden Files book which has got me trying to find  out when I signed up for the e-mails if I was told or whether I was given the opportunity to agree that my details could be held in the US (which  from the adress I assume they are).</P> <P>I don't seem to be able to find the Ts&Cs that are used for sign up on the local Lib Dem sites.</P> <P>Can someone from the Libdems put up the link on here so I can see what I signed up to?</P> <P>Thanks.</P> <P>Ps It is quite interesting what  mailchimp can tell the sender of the e-mail once you open the e-mail that has been  sent to you.  The thing is that as we are in the UK I believe we have no rights to US Constitution or UK protection.  Is it not possible to get the same service from a UK based organistion or do they charge money ?</P> <P> </P> <P>   </P> <P> </P>

Comments

• edited April 2014
    Hi Ali<div><br><div>The party's privacy policy is set out in some detail at http://www.libdems.org.uk/privacy. We don't sell data to anyone else or pass it on to third parties. Where we use an external supplier for something, we make sure that their practices are in line with our privacy policy so that people's data is treated safely and securely at all times.<br><br>When we gather email addresses (or other data) through things like a survey, a data protection piece of text is always included which is rather shorter than the privacy policy (where would be the room for photos of me pointing at things if we have the privacy policy in full?) but covers the key points too.<br><br>As for our use of Mailchimp - they're simply the best email service provider of several we've tried. Always open to suggestions about other/better suppliers of course if you have anyone in mind?</div></div>
  • <P>Thanks</P> <P>It seems the Rocket Science Group are part of the EU.US Safe Harbour Group so on paper it should be okay.</P> <P>Unless I missed it there  doesn't seem to be any data protection text when you sign up for  example  RW e-mails on his web site,  nothing seems to be on the site or on the feedburner sign up of follow up e-mail by which you finalise the  subscription onto the list.</P> <P>Thanks for the info anyway.  There should probaly be a link to the  privacy policy on all the sub web sites. It may be there but is not prominant.</P> <P>The law  could be being broken here.  see here <A href="http://www.amitywebsolutions.co.uk/blog/legal-requirements-for-your-website-privacy-policy-tcs-data-protection-more">http://www.amitywebsolutions.co.uk/blog/legal-requirements-for-your-website-privacy-policy-tcs-data-protection-more</A></P>; <P> </P>
  • Thanks Ali, will pass to the relevant people for their thoughts.