[...]

13»

Comments

• Am sorry Ben about result. Hope your OK.
  • Wipe out  but at least Ben your officially the most popular LibDem in SG so well done.<div><br></div><div>Negative campaigning   contributed to this.  It was like your running out of things to complain  about as the council has a decent  CEO who is getting things sorted out. Also using old events and dressing them up a recent doesn't fool people and getting personal on some  Labour odd ball outliers  as well.</div><div><br></div><div>Any way weel done</div>
  • @ali. Leave him alone. Not the time for this
  • Haringey is a weird borough. I wonder if the hugely popular move to separate Crouch End out from it will happen?
  • Ben should be congratulated for doing so well against trend 
  • Tell me more about the "move to seperate Crouch End out from it" ?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Well done Ben - best polled Lib Dem on your first time out.
  • I hold the fairly unpopular view that most councillors mean well and try their best and have a hard job to do, and the electoral judgement on them is largely to do with a whole bunch of things happening at national rather than local level. <div><br></div><div>Thanks to those who've served and lost, well done to those who've got in. <br><div><br></div><div><br></div></div>
  • Morning all!  After a 27 hour day yesterday, after which I returned home at 7:00AM, I just woke up!  Utterly knackered.  My legs feel like they might just fall off.<div><br></div><div>Thanks for the kind words, here and privately.  Inevitably there is a smidge of disappointment, but we have had an inclination for a while that it would be tough - as Andy notes, many people (and Labour supporters disproportionately) tend to vote based on the national situation (this came across again and again on the doorstep), and the government parties tend to get a kicking. What I suspect swung it, though, was the relatively high turnout.  Good for democracy, bad for me!</div><div><br></div><div>Credit to the Labour guys, who worked pretty damn hard themselves.  Tim Gallagher in particular will go far I suspect.  He has the besuited new Labour thing down to a T, and he was very generous in his comments concerning Richard and Katherine's record of hard work.  Best of luck to all three.</div><div><br></div><div>I mostly feel relieved.  It will be lovely to have my life back.  For a moment I was worried that I would be the only Lib Dem elected in the ward - that would have been better for the party but a lot of grief for me.  My ranking among the Lib Dems has, I suspect, much more to do with the alphabet than anything else!</div><div><br></div><div>Anyway, I intend to have a weekend of glorious sleep intermingled with periodic drinking and Game of Thrones repeats.  Then I'll be back to shouting my mouth off again, but without the shackles of the party line.</div><div><br></div><div>Here's to Stroud Green.</div><div>As ever</div><div>B</div>
  • Is Arkady going to return...? Enjoy your weekend.<br>
  • Yes let's have arkady back
  • Three cheers to everyone who stood, leafleted and voted. Democracy is a good thing.
  • edited November 2017