Yak & Yeti

Comments

• edited July 2014
    I had to check out JL, too, and decided I need to practice this for karaoke. Haven't done it in ages, though. Two new songs now. Yay!
  • @conformable_kate. Re 'stripped down'. Well noticed, Kate. Most unusual acc, for plodding bass, and plangent guitar - and that's all. I was so struck by the guitarist I asked around about him. Barney Kessel, highly respected in the jazz world. I'd never heard of him. Discord. Thanks for the prompt. Trouble is, I am beginning to need hundreds more!
  • The scores are in in the Patso household<div><br></div><div>Wife = Dhonia 5 Yak and Yeti 0</div><div>Me = Dhonia 2 Yak and Yeti 2</div><div><br></div><div>Dhonia has it and they're cheaper!</div>
  • I went to Yak and Yeti on Sunday. Great value £8.95 for 2 course lunch menu. The food was fantastic and very tasty. Its a shame I could't be eating it in the bustling streets of Katmadu. I think it quite difficult comparing food from different regions. Dhonia are a typical UK Indian restuarnt run by Sylhetis and the food is very differnt to Yak and Ywti. A great addition to Stroudgreen road. I hope they do very well
  • Went to Yak and Yeti for the first time yesterday. OMG super impressed! The food was full of interesting flavours with heat cooked in to it (not just a few raw chilies thrown in). The food was not greasy AT ALL. Nothing like your usual Indian that's swimming in orange oil! The menu was original but still with a few familiar regulars. The veg was fresh and the staff were attentive and friendly. Highly recommended!
  • Another endorsement here. We ordered a takeaway at the weekend and it was all very tasty. I particularly enjoyed the zimbu daal, momo and duck curry. 
  • Had a Carry oot last night.<br><br>Very good and nice people.<br><br>Currently have 30% of sit and 25% off if you phone and collect.<br><br>Web site has not yet been  updated with the SGR barnch so you can't order that way. <br><br>Krez you should try the Samosas  nice and close for you <br>
  • What price are samosa Ali?
  • All this talk of somosa makes me pine for Mezzbahn even more.  90 p for a lovely one and it was on my way home. Oh, Mezzbahn I thought you'd be here for ever.
  • Went to Yak & Yeti last night, tried the Himalayan Duck and Zimbu Chicken. Both excellent. As spicy as it should be, it doesn't burn your face off. Plus complimentary papadum with three different chutneys. Staff very kind and attentive. We will return.
  • AliAli
    edited July 2014
    <br>Looks like it is £3.45 for three but I would expect you get a bit of salad as well and teer is 25% off takeaway at the moment.<br>£3.45 <div class="locu-menu-item"><div class="locu-menu-item-name">Samosa Veg</div> <div class="locu-menu-item-description">Triangular shaped savoury pastry filled with spicy potatoes and peas<br></div></div>
  • How do you edit  a post ?<br>
  • I am sure people don't want to read HMTL<br>
  • Ali thats really expensive for 3 samosas. I have never known anyone eating salad with a samosa. It must be a nepal thing
  • Ali - click on the little cog to the right iof your post and go from there.
  • Arcady  Thansk now sorted it.<br><br>Sutent<br><br>I have  quite often ended up with salad on the plate with them.  Didnt'y say you  have to eat it.<br><br>With discount they work out at 80p each which is 10p cheaper tahn the 90p down the road<br><br><br>
  • My husband and I ate at Yak & Yeti tonight and it was sublime. We were given complimentary poppadams and also a delicious sort of dumpling starter which was on the house. We also loved the Nepalese beer, and ordered the mixed grill which was huge and succulent, as well as the Hariyali Chicken, which was both spicy and very delicately flavoured. The 30% discount for eating in makes it very good value. We loved it and will definitely be back.
  • Looking forward to trying it!
  • Went there last night, was totally awesome! Great service, amazing food, generous portions. Got 20% off the bill too which I am guessing will be Mon - Thurs. it was busy for a Monday evening which is a good sign. I will definitely be back. Best 'Indian' for miles!
  • <p>This is a FANTASTIC addition to our eateries in Stroud Green, authentic Nepalese food, fresh delicious and wonderful warm friendly staff.</p><p>We have enjoyed a takeaway and on the back of that took good friends and our children 21/2, 10 and 12 the chef was exceptional in making two different spiced MOMOs as starters to allow the kids to eat these too. We loved the Dhal Bhat.All dishes very flavoursome really can't praise it enough - Very reasonable -If you enjoy Nepalese or Indian food  give it a go will not regret it.</p><p>The only warning is the portions are V generous so just don't over order.</p><p>I don't usually leave reviews but these guys really deserve to be tasted!!  </p>
  • Medi it's a nice place. Better maybe to sign up as Yak and Yeti to say hello rather than leave yourself reviews?
  • Is that Medi the BEST MEDI IN THE AREA? :(|)
  • I took quests to Y&Y on Friday night and the food was excellent. I think they are still having a few teething issues, but the overall service more than made up for these small issues. Although we were prepared and expected to wait 20 min for the speciality starter they offered some bhajis due to the wait - a very nice gesture. <div><br></div><div>Definitely worth another visit especially while the discount in place. </div>
  • We were in on Friday, too. It was good to see it as busy as it was. Service was fine considering the numbers of diners and the food was wonderful.
  • In there too on Friday ....food was good but have to say the service is pretty chaotic...six members of staff milling about with no apparent organisation. Starters arrived after 20 mins then a 45 minute wait for mains with empty glasses being ignored in the meantime. At to wait 40mins inte
  • Cut off in my cliche there. Was going to say that the only other time was there had to wait 40mins in the restaurant for a fake away, having rung up 20 mins earlier . Before Y&Y is recommendable the service must improve and waiting times come down to acceptable levels.
  • A 40 minute wait for an unreal take-away? Outrageous.
  • I always  walk in, order around 6 dishes, go to the pub for a pint and back in 25 mins or so.<br><br>So far worked every time.<br><br>Food is really great and lots of it thought it is a bit pricey but quality of the meat etc is excellent.<br><br>Hope the service issue are one offs as it wil be busy over winter.<br><br>
  • Ahhhh....a common error....fakes are most certainly real. Auto spell correct is a bind. I suggest checkski checks out Alan Bennett's wonderful romp on the umasking of the spy life of Sir Anthony Blunt, "A question of attribution". Always worth it for the Queen's line about Bacon's Screaming Queens pictures...