New Sparsholt - Hanley Rd path.

I imagine a number of you already know about this, but for those who don't here's some info. A new street/path is to be created linking Sparsholt and Hanley Rds. It will involve demolition of St Saviours church hall (old, condemned) and the vicars house (modern), which are behind the church and a small part of the west end of the church itself. There will be a brand new community space built and I believe some houses but not sure on details. No idea what is being demolished in Sparsholt to make way for it, I know about the Hanley side because our allotment is in the church grounds and the curate told us. Due to start next year.

Comments

• What do you think about the change Annie?
  • Presumably the demolition of the Hanley Crouch centre allows for the path to open onto Sparsholt Rd.
  • Seems a bit unnecessary - I wouldn't exactly call it a missing link.  Isn't the St Saviours vicar also the vicar of St Marks and lives just by St Marks - nice house incidentally. 
  • The previous curate and family lived in the St Saviours house, the newly arrived (from Sam Francisco) curate does now I think, but there was talk of letting it privately. The St Mark's house is lovely, nice size garden too. Don't know if the path is necessary but i do think there is a need for a good sized community space/function hall. We had a devil of a time finding somewhere affordable with good facilities when we started our WI, there's a shortage of such venues locally.
  • I think it is part of the Laundry development. I know about it from the other side because our kids go there. The Laundry is a kids community hall-type place. They are going to open a new centre over by Holly Park I think. Developing the old site etc is part of the plan to fund it.<div><br></div><div>I imagine if it is a new street, they will close it off to through traffic.</div><div><br></div><div>There is of course already a very handy route between Hanley Road and Sparsholt, through the Crouch Hall estate. It proves a decent short cut from my home to the Noble, Tony's Butchers, Piccolo Diavolo or Crouch Hill.</div><div><br></div><div>(Albeit I'm not sure how much time it actually saves - just feels quicker)</div>