Rough sleeper on Hornsey Road

edited December 2014 in Local discussion
Strictly not Stroud Green, but I noticed a person who has been sleeping rough for a number of days now, on Hornsey Road, opposite the Tollington Park bus stop towards Crouch End, next to the off licence that has shut down and what used to be a bakery.<div>I have reported it on Streetlink.co.uk and hopefully they will alert the Council.  It looks like an elderly male, sheltered by cardboard boxes.</div><div>I hope he will get some support ASAP.</div>

Comments

• StreetLink is definitely the best bet for getting him into accommodation, particularly if he's sleeping in the same place each night. I don't know what the response time is like on the website, but if he's still there today or tomorrow then try calling them on 0300 500 0914. <div><br></div><div>I know someone who volunteers on the phone line and they can arrange an outreach team to come take a look that evening if possible.</div>
  • <div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">......or if he does not want "getting him into accommodation"</span></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13px; line-height: normal;">a duvet, gloves, bottle of water and if he smokes, some rizla cigarette papers.</span></font></div>
  • @Unattachedinfant<;div><br></div><div>I got an acknowledgement email saying that they would contact the Local Authority and a reference number.</div><div>I did not have a chance to check out if the rough sleeper was there today, though I noticed the trolley, cardboard pieces and so on.  Given the proximity to Holloway Police Station and being on a busy road, I would hope that an outreach team has been alerted by now...</div>