Fire near Finsbury Park station

Several fire engines this morning at the Wells Terrace entrance. Both the bus station and surrounding pavements closed. They were pumping water at one of the shacks on the corner of SGR, maybe E Mono.

Comments

• <font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal;">Looks like it is E Mono. Noooooo!</span></font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13.3333px; line-height: normal;"> face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13.3333px; line-height: normal;"><br></span></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana"><span style="font-size: 13.3333px; line-height: normal;"> style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div>
  • <p>Insurance job surely? They've got to shift for the redevelopment.</p><p><br></p><p>Like that massive chip shop that opened at TCR six month's before Crossrail got started and then mysteriously went up in flames.</p>
  • <p>Very sad. First they lose their main shop in FP and now this. Hope they've got insurance and they get back on their feet soon..... but I imagine they could use this as an excuse to pack it in and open another shop elsewhere.....</p>
  • Rush hour would seem like an odd time to secretly start a fire.
  • What a cynical bunch
  • I didn't mean that! I meant that now they've had the fire they have to decide whether it's worth starting again or not.... depends how bad the damage is I guess....
  • edited May 2016
    According to Twitter it's a gas cannister explosion.
  • I hope no one was injured. I know they sell coffee in the mornings
  • Well there's not a bomb site where the E Mono van used to be, in fact they've put a nice little fence around it now and possibly even jazzed the van up a bit, good for them. Does anyone remember the jerk chicken hut on the corner, I noticed it had gone but maybe it went ages ago and I didn't notice?
  • What Sutent said.  What a cynical bunch.  Not everyone is out for the cash.  By the way, what is the final lowdown on what happened?
  • Reopened the next day so probably a more spectacular fire then serious.
  • Yep open tonight. Just enjoyed a lovely lamb shish!