Traffic News

IanIan
edited February 2008 in Local discussion
Might have missed this elsewhere. Resurfacing Stroud Green Road 16th Feb until end March. Closing the junctions, not totally clear whether the whole road will be closed.

Comments

• edited 4:49AM
    just walked past it. the nandos/tollington/sgr junction is carnage
    and tollington/hornsey road also a nightmare
    The whole place is a mess and the backed-up traffic is, let's say, not following the law to the letter when it comes to the use of the horn. Idiots.
    Does anyone know what they're doing? The signs say 'improving Stroud Green Road'...?
    So - a handful of trenches which have been really badly reinstated. Nice one Islington council. I'll go out with my chalk later and chalk the zebra crossing back in. Lastnight's rain seems to have washed the Haringey side away.
  • IanIan
    edited 4:49AM
    They are resurfacing starting from next week - I guess they were packing in some other digging up the road type activities first before they made it all look nice.
  • AliAli
    Don’t know if anyone has noticed but the road surface itself has groves in it worn away by the buses. Quite noticeable if it has been raining outside the Wig shops going towards the top end of SGR. Reminds me of Pompeii where you see the grooves in the road worn out by old Roman carts. Guess this why the road needs all the work etc
    Pompeii ? Does this mean SGR is no longer the Paris of the North?
    Oh no. We've only just got the zebra crossing back on Florence Road/Tollington Park. It was touch and go there for a while as to whether you'd get across it in one piece.
    Congratulations to the bright spark who decided this weekend, 'Let's close half of SGR and put temporary traffic lights on Tollington Park that never change to green'.
  • LizLiz
    They were still there when we went to the Front Room Cafe at 10.30, but gone when we got out an hour or so later. All functioning as normal on the SGR/TP junction now...
  • AliAli
    Once we have the new smooth shiny SGR surface I wonder how long it will be before a utility comes along and digs it up?

Should start a sweep I say less than 20 days