Myers Briggs

edited April 2006 in General chat
Good Friday quiz.

What are you? http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

I am apparently ENTP, which means that I am basically optimistic easily bored, petulant, have trouble with authority and like arguing. Which sounds entirely wrong to me.

http://www.typelogic.com/entp.html

Comments

• edited April 2006
    INTP - I seem to *moderately express* most things and there's lots of references to architecture. Confused me really. How did they get that from: You tend to sympathize with other people? No
  • LizLiz
    edited April 2006
    ESFJ. I am the absolute opposite of David, and nearly the opposite of Andy. Guardian Provider.

Memory like an elephant (as evidenced by the Journey South discussion thread), traditional, bossy, easily wounded, strong sense of right and wrong, mothering.

Also, apparently, 'an ESFJ at odds with self is a remarkable sight'. Vis, my currently extremely contradictory feelings about politics.What am I going to do on Thursday?
  • edited 9:36AM
    I'm INTJ - a mastermind.

cool, logical and analytical! "clear awareness of their goals".

I think I did this wrong.
    well, there were some questions I looked at, clicked yes, then clicked no, then clicked yes again, and frankly really didn't know.
    I like that you're supposed to be in architecture - that has a design element! I'm supposed to be a scientist, engineer or doctor - I can't really think how much further away from that I could get. It might go someway to explaining my difficulties in getting jobs in other fields though. Maybe I should retrain...
    When I was at school, being an architect was my big plan. But I left school early at GCSE level so was stuck with trying to get an apprenticeship, which were about but never worked out for me in interviews. sigh.
    Hmm, i am an INFJ - there are less than 2% of us out there (so it says).

my ideal carrier path would be in writing, counseling or even politics. that sounds pretty wrong. although it says a 'knack for fluency in languages' - must have ticked a few right boxes after all.
    found a description that matches me - not very complimentary!

I'm about 1% of the population. Just as well, given this description.

http://similarminds.com/jung/intj.html

my favourite quotes are "not much fun", "does not think they are weird, but others do", "clean", "familiar with darkside", "tends not to value organized religion" and, just for Liz, "punctual".

Petra, I don't think they're very accurate with the career choices!

My career choices are:

scientist, dictator, forensic anthropologist, systems analyst, philosopher, nuclear engineer, aerospace engineer, paleontologist, english professor, philosophy professor, chemical engineer, epidemiologist, forensic scientist, museum curator, mechanic, astronomer, fighter pilot, librarian, systems administrator, neurosurgeon, book editor, biotechnology, archeologist, lab tech, bookstore owner

Things I don't want to do are:

"advertising executive, job in entertainment industry, performer, singer, art therapist, childcare worker, bartender, dj, even coordinator, hair dresser, wedding planner"
    my favoured careers according that one are:

dictator, computer consultant, international spy, tv producer, philosopher, comedian, music performer, it consultant, figher pilot, politician, diplomat, entertainer, game designer, bar owner, freelance writer, creative director, strategist, news anchor, professional skateboarder, airline pilot, comic book artist, college professor, private detective, mechanical engineer, lecturer, ambassador, astronomer, research scientist, judge, web developer, scholar, fbi agent, cia agent, electrical engineer, assassin
    oooh my first posting - this is bit scary. I'm following Liz's IT lesson from last night. I'm now a bit hazy on the detail - hope this works.

I did this test. I stopped reading when it compared me to Mother Theresa. I realise that my choice of life partner indicates that I'm into supporting lost causes, but I think this takes things a little too far.
  • LizLiz
    edited 9:36AM
    Lucy F, that site is genius. One of my dislikes - science fiction - how do they know? Also 'loves getting massages'. Random.

Career choices scarily accurate. As are Andy's (as far as I can see, he's doing at least four of his list). Which makes me wonder why yours are so wierd. Mind you, 'bookstore owner' has potential. Does selling stuff on ebay count?
    Thing is, I really want to be a pro-skateboarding international spy and fighter pilot who assassinates people.
  • LizLiz
    edited 9:36AM
    Surely you are...on your PS2.
  • edited May 2006
    To be fair, reading the descriptions on this site its starting to feel a little like reading horoscopes in a sunday mag. For instance I could be: "An unemotional rule breaker looking for a career as an egyptologist" or I could also be: "A loner who wrestles with the meaninglessness of existence" I mean, they could be right, wrong or have little bits right. It could be Mystic Megs percentage game.
    It's a percentage game. They could write:

"You tend to spend large chunks of your day fucking about when you have a proposal to write" and that would certainly be true of me, but may not fit my ENTP profile.
    This is the best thread on this site.

I think our new members have to tell us what they are. Or, according to my Myers-Briggs schedule, I will come round their house and assassinate them. Unless I get bored, lost or late. Each of which is highly likely.
    Or forget your keys and be unable to make a clean getaway - which is very likely.