I love The Apprentice

edited March 2008 in General chat
I know I shouldn't but I really do.

Only 45 minutes to go...

Comments

• edited March 2008
    You're fired.
  • edited 7:24AM
    I did of course mean 'I heart The Apprentice'. Can I have my job back?
    Always entertaining, especially when people say stuff like "I'm the best salesperson in Europe" (coming up later folks!) and then immediately demonstrate that they are beyond clueless.

Mind you, I did meet last year's winner, Simon, once briefly and despite my slight feelings of class hatred (parents bought him a house in Clapham etc.) he was actually "nice".
    I liked the pharmacist bird in the last series who had to do a presentation, and totally couldn't speak!
    Is she the one who began by saying something like "did you know that 7 out of 10 people like cats?"

Always the way to win friends and influence people...
    But 7 out of 10 people do like cats.
  • edited March 2008
    Boratron.

I'll be in the other three in that case.
    First prize is a year with Alan Sugar

Second prize is two years with Alan Sugar
    I don't know about you, but I'll be putting a "top three most punchable" list together whilst watching... but will three places be enough???
    No. Raef won't be long mind.
    A classic episode!

Women not actually that annoying (although anyone who calls themself a Global Pricing Leader is bound to be trouble at some point)...

In the final all male git-off:

3. Poor, poor stupid Michael.
    2. "I can work with princes and paupers" Raef
    1. Unbelieveable Nicholas for just about everything (the sunglasses, the beard, the boasting and his put downs about those who weren't "educated")

Hurrah!
  • LizLiz
    edited 7:24AM
    I don't understand where they find these people who are prepared to say totally ridiculous stuff on telly and incur the hatred of random strangers. I was going to say that I can't think of anyone I know who would, but then I remembered an ex-colleague of mine who got down to the last 20 for Big Brother 3. He would have (and now works for the Cabinet Office - be afraid). But seriously, I'd have thought the reservoir of deluded idiots would have dried up by now. Am I being naive?
    I am baffled by any contest where the prize is to work for Alan Sugar.
  • edited March 2008
    Likewise, a barrister could earn far more not working for Alan Sugar, who made truly awful PCs and seemed to make money more by luck than judgement.

Also they treated selling £600 worth of fish for £600 as breaking even! How much is the cost of a pitch in Chapel St Market, transport and not mentioning the labour cost of 8 people for a day?

I think I'm going to be hoarse every Thursday morning from shouting at the TV the previous night.
  • LizLiz
    edited 7:24AM
    Watched the first episode on cable catchup last night - think I have to agree with Glyn on the git front. Nicholas was incredible - summed up by his final quote when in the cab out of there which was something along the lines of 'It was all that other bloke's fault. When I'm on my own I always win.' If he's a top barrister, then anyone in need of legal representation is really in trouble.
    Someone I know says that Frances is an actor!
    Who was Frances?
    Sir Alan will see you now Giles.
    I love Stroud Green.org. I settled down at the computer the other night for a spot of WILF-ing (what is it I'm looking for...) and I saw this thread, I quickly relocated to the living room, so I only missed the first 5 mins! Thanks for the heads up.
    WILFing? Not MILFing then? Good. Good... I thought for a second that this forum had taken a turn.
    Ah the Frances thing makes sense now. All that bit is a sham, it's a TV studio not a boardroom, the helicopter shots of Canary Wharf and the City yet the beating heart of Sir Alan's empire is in Brentwood.

Actually the whole thing is a sham, the dodgy/flamboyant/controversial characters don't get fired til the end ( apart from <a href="http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5jH5VcZDi6Mis_PEdVSdMO5NCbsaw">this one</a> )
    Let's type WILFing a lot on this thread and see what comes up in the google ads. We probably get paid more for WILFing adverts.
    But not "hot sexy WILFs" We still get far too much search traffic to this site (i.e. more than none) from people searching the phrase "Carol Vorderman MILF" for which we need to blame [SimonB](http://www.stroudgreen.org/discussion/453/carol-vorderman-in-hot-milf-shame/#Item_0)
    It's back!
  • edited March 2009
    Ha ha ha .. only just seen Andy's post from March last year ... glad I can be of service driving traffic to the site!
    i was an amstrad owner in the 80s

and 90s

did anybody else buy "amstrad action" and love "sugarman"? i can't watch his show... i can barely make it through ns&i commercials.
    That Geordie bloke has already rubbed me up the wrong way (metaphorically speaking).
    I should declare an interest in that I work with James. Luckily he hasn't humiliated himself too much yet, but I'm anticipating he might be in the boardroom a fair bit as the series progresses.
    I resent the BBC plugging it during the breakfast news. I can't stand the show so vote with my remote, fair enough, but they then sneak it in while I'm trying to check how the tubes are running in the morning. They had two previous winners discussing the new bunch yesterday morning. Two irritating twats talking about another group of irritating twats. Its just irritating.