Anyone know what's going on in the Park today?

LizLiz
edited March 2008 in Local discussion
It's been very noisy all day - there are stalls/lights/people in the football and basketball court area (which I can see from my back garden). Lots of music, followed by speechmaking (going on now). I swear that the dulcet tones of Ken L were drifting over my fence a minute ago, and I think Jeremy Corbyn's at it now (he seems to be talking about Kurdish people and the Iraq war). Have googled but can't find anything...

Comments

• LizLiz
    edited 12:45AM
    Sorry, just realised that there are far too many brackets in that last post.
  • edited 12:45AM
    A friend of mine went past and said all she could read was the word Peace on a banner. It looked like a demonstration regarding the Iraq War. Don't know anything other than that.
    Kurdish New Year Festival, apparently. So a reliable colleague just told me in the kitchen...

Does anyone know why everyone in SG was p*ssed last night? Coming out of the station at about 9.30 I've never seen some many drunk people staggering around the streets. At first I though there must have been an Arsenal match but apparently not. Maybe Kurdish New Year's bigger than I thought?
    Spurs played .... and lost. Maybe they were drinking to blot out the horror.