The Hua Xin Express

edited May 2008 in Reviews
Got a flyer through the door for The Hua Xin Express. It claims to be a Chinese/Thai/Japanese takeaway, located at 135 Blackstock Rd. I've never heard of this place before, but I've been trying to find a decent Chinese restaurant that delivers. I'm a little suspicious because it's trying to do 3 different cuisines.

I've googled the address and it comes up as So Keen Chinese Takeaway. Maybe it's under new management? Has anyone tried it? I don't really want to be a guinea pig. For one thing, they have a shrimp dish listed under "vegetarian".

I've tried the two places on SG. Both were terrible.

Comments

• edited 7:35PM
    Chinese on SGR is no no no.
    It's not any better on Fonthill.
    The Dragon in CE is okay, and I have it on good authority that the Honeymoon is Boy George's favourite chinese restaurant (although it's under new management now).
    I had heard that too Tosscat re: Boy George. Having been there, I've made a mental note to never take George's recommendations for restaurants again.
    This relates both to celebrity food endorsements and the mayoral election.

Brian Paddick recommended the new Haagen Dazs raspberry meringue ice cream. I bought some this week, and it was yummy.

Wouldn't trust him to run the city, but he can be the official London ice cream taster.