Building next to John Jones

2»

Comments

• edited 7:59PM
    there's a staircase up the side of the scaffolding which seems to be protected overnight by a bit of red and white warning tape and not much else. adventure?
    I think we've agreed that even looking at what is happening to BNTJJ is dangerous enough, un. If you want something adventurous to do, go see the new Indiana Jones film. I dare you not to think it's utter, utter shit.
  • edited May 2008
    Hmm. I've read that the height of fashion at the moment is thinking exactly that. I'm a fan of the series, and even hired out a The Phoenix in Finchley for my 30th to show Raiders. None of them are Oscar worthy, they're all slapstick and don't take themselves seriously. Just good fun, really.
    The latest isn't fun. At all.
  • IanIan
    edited 7:59PM
    Rubbish. Borderline unwatchable I didn't know whether to leave, fall asleep or watch the full horror unfurl. I unwisely chose the latter. 2hours 20 minutes I will never get back.
    I kept turning round to look at the people behind me, much more interesting.
  • edited May 2008
    See, I know it will be shit but I'll still probably go see it, chuckle at the bad jokes, cliches and dadisms. I'll know I should be watching the better film next door but hey, its Indiana Jones. I'm with Matt, its doesn't take itself seriously and neither should the viewer. Bit of a confession here, but talking about captivating shit movies has reminded me of Petra and I's dark, dark addiction to [Swayze's Roadhouse](http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098206/). Everytime its on we just can't help ourselves. We drop everything we're doing and watch it right through to the credits. I'm currently captivated by Superman 2 on Five.
  • edited May 2008
    Went to Indy it at Vue last night, enjoyed it. My typical Indy movie suspicions were confirmed.
    Goodness I must sound like a snob, but really I'm not - Showgirls is one of my favourites, and recently I quite enjoyed What Happens in Vegas.
  • edited May 2008
    well the commies don't like it: "It's rubbish... In 1957 the communists did not run with crystal skulls throughout the US." <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7418727.stm>;
    signs up on the hoardings around the site warn of "deep excavations"... what could they be excavating?

crystal skulls?