Chinese Supermarket

edited May 2008 in Local discussion
Anyone been to the little Chinese place on the crossing of Hornsey and Seven Sisters, next door to the pub on the corner? I popped in at the weekend.

Noodle-tastic. Got some proper udon noodles and some curry pastes. Cheap as chips. Hard to know what you're buying though, most stuff isn't translated so left to reading ingredients and looking at pictures.

Comments

• edited 2:11PM
    Next door to The (B)eaglet? I can't think where you mean. Is it new?
    Yeah that's it. Tiny little place but packs of noodles up to the ceiling.
    Ooh, lovely. I'll have to pop there.
    What's the Beaglet?
    We used to have a lovely little chinese place on Stroud Green Road many many many years ago. So much more useful that a wig shop:-(
    The Eagle, pub on the corner of Hornsey/Seven Sisters. I think Poxy just wasn't sure of its name.
  • edited December 2010
    Yup, the 'orrible old man's pub at the corner of Seven Sisters and Hornsey Road is The Eaglet. During a drunken game of Scrabble my wife tried to place a 'B' (on a Triple Word Score) in front of the word 'eaglet' and tried to convince me that a beagle puppy is also known as a beaglet. I let her have it on the grounds that I couldn't stop laughing.

The pub is now referred to as The Beaglet and my wife has since dared me to get hold of a self-adhesive 'B' in the same font and colour as the name of the pub and sneak down there one night with a step ladder and 'officially' rename the pub.
    You should do so. You could start a trend. Bags Ectopic records!
  • AliAli
    edited 2:11PM
    The Chinese shop used to be run by the very old and very noce Mr Lee.

It was located where Cats is so I guess it sort of continues the Asian connection
    Speaking of cats, has the vehicle in the window ever been used?