Rise Festival

edited July 2008 in Local discussion
There's a notice at the end of our road with details of road closures etc today. Difficult to make out exactly what it means, and whether driving will be impossible (I had several exciting runs to the dump planned). Does anyone happen to know if there's somewhere on the net explaining the traffic arrangements a bit more clearly?

Comments

• edited 1:50PM
    Dunno, but see everyone (else) there! I'll be nursing a can of red stripe somewhere in front of the main stage.
    What a great day yesterday. I really hope Boris doesn't pull it in future years, it's a festival London can be really proud of. Only complaint was the rule about no glass being allowed in. I had a thorough check of the website before going along to make sure there weren't any booze restrictions and there was nothing online. Luckily we didn't get searched on the way in so our wine and beers weren't denied entry but I feel sorry for anyone who schlepped down only to be turned away. It should have been made clearer. A minor gripe about an overall fantastic day though.

Loads of helicopters about afterwards weren't there...
    It all ended a bit suddenly though, didn't it?

Someone should have told Mr Cliff to stop singing when they pulled the plug...
    I thought the organisation inside the station was great, Wells Terrace was entrance only during the event. We had to go out and were initially worried about the station being a hassle. All was fine
    Heh, I didn't stay til the end, I was a bit 'tired' by then. I went to sleep by half 9, I'm getting old.

Oh and I meant to say, this year dogs also were not allowed in. We saw a solitary dachshund. He had been smuggled in in his owner's bag. Super cute!
    Quite right, it's not DogFest
    Couldn't see the point really. Went along for a bit. A few thousand people I didn't know standing around yacking to each other. No music being played when I looked in, just some CDs or something. Went to the beer tent but the queue was eight deep, so went and had a quiet couple of pints at the Noble instead - nice evening!
  • LizLiz
    edited 1:50PM
    Did anyone else see the amazing Harry Potter giant bouncy slide? I could have spent all day watching small children hurling themselves down it. Jealous.
    ... yes it was steep and looked like great fun. I was taken aback by the size of the prizes at the funfair. Cuddly toys on steroids.
    I think KRS should probably be hurled down the Harry Potter slide head first for being such a sourpuss
  • LizLiz
    edited 1:50PM
    @ jandb - I know! I saw a woman who had won one of the big dogs from that prize stall and it was easily as big as her (not even joking). It was early too, so god knows what she did with it for the rest of the afternoon...
    Now it's not very often that I agree with you MfL (milf?) but I concur.
    Sourpusses have all the fun
    I have a feeling that will be the last Rise festival. I don't think Boris is too keen!
    Oh Borsi Schmoris - I'm fed up, everything's so negative.