Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

Hauntings

edited July 2008 in Local discussion
The mention of lizziej reminded me...

Has anyone heard about the Tollington Park poisoner? A couple of years ago, I was trying to buy a flat and I went to see one in a house on Tollington Park. It was a nice one bedroom flat which the person who owned it was doing up. though he was going to leave it unfinished because he seemed very keen to sell it. I put a low offer in which was accepted. For some reason, I googled the address, on the off-chance that something came up (planning issues perhaps).... and found out it was one of the most haunted addresses in London. I like to think I decided not to go through with the sale because it needed a bit too much work, but if I'm honest, the real reason was the possibility of ghosts for company.

http://www.shadyoldlady.com/location.php?loc=1390

Very sad story, really (what happened to the woman, I mean, not me losing the chance to buy a cheap flat because of a stupid fear of "ghosts" and now I can't afford to buy anything). But a bit of local interest - I always think about it whenever I walk past. I wonder if the people who live there know.

Comments