Soft Rock: Yes or No?

edited August 2006 in General chat
Simple question. Soft Rock, yes or no? Have you ever sat in a minicab late at night, listening to Magic FM at the softest possible volume and thought that in fact, yes, it would be a good idea to own Supertramp's greatest hits? Or is it full of wrong?

Comments

• LizLiz
    edited 4:53PM
    There is only one possible answer to this question. David, don't let your prejudice towards The Feeling cloud your overall judgement on this issue....
  • edited 4:53PM
    I used to own Supertramp and Co. tapes when I was 'younger' and have to say I completely grew out of it.
    I think that's what attracts me to it. The familiar, family feeling of sitting in the back of the car driving to france, listening to soft rock classics.
    No one voting on this one then?
  • edited August 2006
    Can't go with it I'm afraid. My feelings towards The Feeling aside, soft rock makes me feel claustraphobic. A couple of drab power chords drenched in flangers and doublers and the sheen of the snare drums lovingly stripped of any character by the studio guy whacked on coke just leave me cold.
    You can't go for that (can't go for that)?

Quoting Hall & Oates whilst denying soft rock - all very strange
    Most certainly, no can do. At least I've heard the songs I'm not voting for. Better than can be said for the naysayers of the previous vote.
    This is tied! Your vote counts people.
    Can I vote twice....?
  • edited August 2006
    I can't for the life of me understand how waffles can lose on the grounds of promising more than they deliver, being dry, bland and tasteless and of course there being soooooo much better out there yet soft rock is winning. Is this not the same bloody thing but for ears?
    Ace analogy. But that wasn't the reason I voted against waffles. I questioned their health and safety compliance. Not something I would do with Mister Mister.
    Or China Crisis. Or Foreigner. Or Toto.
    YES! We're winning. I can only assume Michelle has come out on the side of soft rock righteousness.
    Oi! Pedro! For christ's sake use your vote and stop this [corrosion of taste in music](http://www.eyeballkid.com/eyeballkid.htm). _"Poison - US soft rockers who were beautifully formulaic even down to having models for girlfriends who looked exactly like the band members."_ i mean, really, what about their health and safety compliance?
    After much discussion last night, I have cast my vote.
    I voted with a big NO to this nonsense and lack of ears...same to waffles though.
    Anyway, I did love Supertramp when I was 15.
    Guess I didn't know English then and that helped a lot in the ignorance scale.
    Heard one or two songs some time ago and thought, what a load of crap!
    The Feeling???? I rather listen to the Spice Girls...
    Pedro. You ARE rock.
    The poll is done. No to Soft Rock.

Heart FM will not be the official radio station of stroudgreen.org

Sometimes, the haters get their way.
    In a poll of Yes or No and depending on your view, the haters always get their way.
  • LizLiz
    edited 4:53PM
    On that note, I'm struggling with the Swindon poll as I don't feel either option really reflects my views. I'd be more likely to say no but it's worded in such a way that it's like poking Andy in the eye to agree with it, which is a bit unnecessary.
  • edited August 2006
    I think you're more concerned at poking the eye of Soft Rock, the Swindon Town of Music.