Ariana's

edited January 2009 in Local discussion
Interested to know if anyone else has been and what your thoughts are? It's near me so I've been a few times. Is normally quite good although last time I went, my companions (mummy and aunty) complained about their breakfast being too cold, only to be told sharply by the dude who works there, "No, it's not cold." Aunty rightly said to him, "I should know, I've just eaten it."

Comments

• edited January 2009
    #1 rule for complaining properly in restaurants/cafes - if there's something actually wrong with your food, don't eat it! it's impossible to tell after the fact.

aside from that, i like arianna's - only been a few times though. the service can be a bit absent-minded, but the coffee is good, the veggie breakfast is pretty tasty, and the pile of month-old newspapers is worth a rummage.
  • and they have wi-fi.
  • edited 6:03PM
    Hi there,

I live near it too, so I was hoping it would be a regular place to go. I went once about a year and a half ago and sat outside in the sunshine. It was quite empty but it was lovely to sit in the sun and we had lovely just squeezed orange juices.

Downhill from there im afraid. The food was terrible, we wanted a nice big sunday breakfast. They dont seem to love food as they served horrid bread with cheap margarine and the rest of the food was cheap and nasty. The bill wasnt cheap at all.

They need to change a few simple things to make it work and to get it busy. Such a shame, I couldnt face going back.
  • edited 6:03PM
    @ unaesthetic - no, they only had one mouthful each and sent it back. The evidence was there for all to experience! The chef warmed it up but most grudgingly. His wife (?) is lovely but he needs to learn customer service.

Is the wi-fi fixed then? Last time I went in it had been broken for ages.
  • @princess_l - You might be right about the wi-fi. I haven't been there in a while. The Polish(?) man was always nice to me, but the food was mediocre.

I've been meaning to petition Good for Food to get wi-fi, but I fear it'll just increase the wanker count. I used to go there four or five times a week; wrote both of my dissertations in their garden. The one-armed man would give me free muffins. Now whenever we go there, it's packed with loud, obnoxious people talking about how they 'discovered' the place. I have a short attention span (which is why I'm writing this, rather than doing work). Can't write with all those people around.