Foxes - good pets?

2»

Comments

• edited 2:05PM
    _"There's something a bit disgusting about eggs"_ - please go on, I'm intrigued.
    I too have that view of eggs. There's the idea that it's something another creature has popped out. The texture when raw (particularly the white). The texture when cooked (particularly the white). The sulphurous smell they have sometimes. The taint they can leave. The grey yolk thing. Black spots. Balut. But I still quite like them.
    i had to look balut up.

i wish i hadn't.

*hurf*
  • edited January 2009
    What about milk, that comes out another creature? or is it the combination of many things? My personal one is the white jelly that sometimes surrounds the pork in a pie.
    Don't get me started on milk.
    Thanks - glad i looked up Balut too. Minging.
    <i>white jelly that sometimes surrounds the pork in a pie.</i>

White? I can't cope with the clear stuff but white would have me running for the vomit-station. Similarly, corned beef. In any guise. And haggis. And Andouillette sausage.
  • edited January 2009
    all i can say is, damn it feels good to be a vegetarian!
    All vegetarians are potential lapsed vegetarians.

Yup, me too. 11 years and then it all went wrong. Or right. I'm not sure. Now, where's the bacon?
    well, at least veggie food isn't this minefield of potential queasy reaction. the only white wobbly bits you'll find in a chunk of tofu is, er the tofu. and your quorn isn't likely to be staring back up at you.

btw, call me a dumb veggie but isn't the white stuff in a pork pie or corned beef just fat? and the clear stuff is just aspic, no? (mmm, lips and hooves)
    Yeah, aspic is it I think - I meant clear jelly. Its all good and well working yourself up into a pro-veggie utopian fever, but this conversation started with an egg.
    It is so easy to create controversy...
    heh, there's no controversy or vegtopian fever. you lot are welcome to all the meat you want. it's just funny that you get upset by the odd bit of tubing or other wobbly bits that animals are made of. i'm not a vegan (and i think that veganism as an ethical stance is stupid), plus i loves me eggs.