Little Sardegna on Blackstock Road

benben
edited February 2009 in Reviews
I ate here on Wednesday with friends, and really enjoyed it. It was about two-thirds full, with a warm atmosphere. The menu was quite short, but had lots of interesting dishes, which I assume were authentic Sardinian (the bread certainly was). The service was very good - attentive without being intrusive. And it was pretty good value - £25 for two courses, half a bottle of wine and service; good portions, so no need for dessert.

It made me feel a lot less glum about being stuck in the never-ending English Winter, and I'll definitely be going back.

Comments

• edited 5:08AM
    Good review. At little indie restaurants a short menu is normally a good thing.
  • They have a website: <a href="http://www.littlesardegna.co.uk/dir/highbury/index.html">Little Sardegna</a>. There's a second location in Dalston. Looks really good. Will try to check it out next week.
    I've also been here recently with mrs crispy - we give it a double thumbs up!!
    its nice, i would say, but the food can be a little too salty sometimes and my pasta was a bit undercooked one time i went
    I can also recommend it - had a good meal there a few weeks back. Good, simple trattoria-type fare, unfussy, well-cooked.
    We didn't have a great time when we were there so haven't returned, despite other friends speaking positively of the place. The service was dreadful so the whole meal took hours. A girl was waitressing on her own who didn't appear to know what she was doing (nor speak good enough English to get the orders right). They had run out of quite a few things on the menu but seem to remember what we had was okay (just okay), though I really didn't like the white wine I drank. It was Sunday night and apparently the owner tends to take the night off. People tell me that service is great when he is there.
    We finally went here last night. It was really good, a proper little local Italian that wasn't a pizza place. Huge board of antipasto, nice parpadelle and friendly service. Not expensive. We'll be going back.