Can you recommend a good cleaner?

DeeDee
edited February 2009 in Local discussion
Hello

My relationship is in jeopardy, we need to introduce a cleaner into our lives..... please help!

I know there is a tread about cleaners already on the go, I wanted to ask if everyone who knew a good cleaner or cleaning service to make a brief recommendation (name and contact details) so anyone else interested in domestic help can use this thread as a listings guide.

You could save my relationship, I thank you in advance!

Comments

• edited 6:27PM
    Heya! I know what it's like to be bickering over unhoovered floors, and it's not a local firm (I found it via google), but we've used a firm called 'Amy Cleaners' before, and they were pretty good.

We've stopped now, just because of the ol' joy of the current economy, but check it out :)
    As I've said before, we use an agency called Homeclean. The cleaner charges £7 an hour, and the agency charges £3.60 a week. Email teresa@homeclean.co.uk or go to http://www.homeclean.co.uk/
  • edited February 2009
    Amy Cleaners would be at the bottom of my list because they keep flyering the cars in our street. The cards get wet and stick like glue to the windscreen. Not impressed - and not a good ad for a cleaning firm.
    Ahh, in that case, bad amy cleaners. I've only known about them from my online search, and never seen them advertise elsewhere, so I have remained innocent of their flyering ways.

An odd point, though; this is probably something that all cleaner agencies do, however Amy Cleaners being my only experience, found it quite odd. When you leave them they inform you that they hire an agency, much like a private eye firm, to ensure that you have not taken on the services of the cleaner privately.

They may say this in the early contract, which I didnt spot, and as I said, really didnt have a problem with it (made me feel a bit like Jason Bourne for a week or so), just odd that my ex cleaning company was staking out my property, and watching my every move...
    *When you leave them they inform you that they hire an agency, much like a private eye firm, to ensure that you have not taken on the services of the cleaner privately.* I bet they don't. It can't be worth paying someone £20 an hour to watch to see if someone turns up to earn £6 an hour.
    Don't ruin it for me. For about 2 weeks, I was walking around as if I was part of the Russian mafia, just waiting for the feds to make their move...

I probably need to expand my horizons somewhat.