Any nice restaurants in the Highbury Corner vicinity?

2»

Comments

• edited 1:00AM
    @ JoeV - They really don't get much stick though, but they are very good.
    I think that Les's recent SG.org live attempt should be resheduled for the opening night of the expended Petek.
    Tosscat, you're on to something -- that may just become the must-go event of the SG social calendar. I'll bring the nunchaks and don't forget to remind everyone to sharpen their claws, I mean knives.*

(*And because you all don't know me -- that was a joke)
  • edited March 2009
    I could kill a pasty right now - a big fat melodramatic pasty, no mediocre pasties for me - its exactly what my hangover needs. Extra-time and penalties resulted in two extra pints I really shouldn't have had last night. Amen Phil, twas a joke JoeV.
    Can we open up a Petek watch to alert us all.
    I have a problem with Petek.

I find it impossible not to order the Lamb shish as it is so so good, but 3 times in as many weeks is getting ridiculous.

Can anyone suggest a dish to solve my quandary?
    I've seen people have takeaway from Petek, anyone tried that? Does it survive or just not the same as eating in?
    It does survive and seems even more enormous than when in Petek itself, but is as delicious. When I had the vegetarian fiesta it was very packaging heavy though. @ slats - I've managed to expand my repertoire to two different dishes and switch between them - it's the veg fiesta and the veg kebab.
    We get takeaway from Petek once in a while. It's actually a better deal because we eat all of the food. If we eat in, we inevitably fill up on the bread and the mezze... well, you know how that goes.
  • LizLiz
    edited 1:00AM
    I had the veggie fiesta takeaway the other night - and they definitely give you more than you get eating in, which is ridiculous because it's already massive. But delicious and also tasty for breakfast :)
    You can recycle the aluminium containers if you wash them up.
    i usually hate over-packaging but i love the petek takeaway, it's like christmas. you even get one with turkish delight in. by the way, apologies to anyone who was in there the other night, when they guessed it was my birthday and came out singing with a bloody tambourine.
    whisper it: I don't really like Petek either. But only been once.
    @sophie: "they guessed it was my birthday" - come on, if it really wasn't you who told them then there's someone in your party who hasn't owned up to it. But why not? Cheesy as it may be, I like all that birthday performance, even when it happens every ten minutes in Porchetta.
    I tried Iznik... It was very good, the thing I had wasn't something you'd get at peteks, it was a whole knuckle of lamb baked and served with one huge potatoe and salad seperately.

Really tasy, but a different sort of cooking altogether. Its different, but much more pricey (almost double).
    That description of Iznik sounds very much like the food at the late Symposium. They had some nice dishes in there, the just hung themselves with the decor/atmosphere.