Facebook nerds

edited June 2009 in General chat
Who set their alarm for 5am to claim their facebook username?

Come on, I know there are going to be at least a few of you. Own up.

Comments

• edited 11:22PM
    Weak: Set the alarm
    Strong: Stay up all night
    have nabbed __wisteria53__ - obviously, no one else wanted it...
    I was in California (WWDC and a holiday) so it was a more reasonable time for me, I seem to remember! I just asked for my name, how dull am i?
    Check you out at WWDC. Any cool stuff to report?
  • edited June 2009
    West Wiltshire District Council? That's really dull.
    Oddly enough, krappyrubsnif is available.

On reflection, maybe not.

I would have been really disturbed if someone else took it though.
    Andy, lots of cool stuff but you've probably already read about it on some blog or other. David, I would expect no different a reply from you :)
    I always thought Apple was for girls only! And advertising folks.
    boo, marquis. macs > most other stuff. but then i am a designer...
    Oh please. Photoshop is Photoshop.
    We don't have many rules, but tedious mac v pc conversations sind verboten.
    That said, I have spent the last half an hour working out how to wirelessly stream video from my macbook to my PS3.
    Ok, I admit I only did it for the boo - I don't really have anything against girls. That said, it seems there's a whole lot of whispering going on on this site.
  • edited June 2009
    Perilously close to Eugene's Lair territory, but: I used to stream video from my Mac to my PS2, which worked a treat until I upgraded to Leopard. Then it stopped working, I trouble shooted the wireless traffic and sent a bug report in to Apple and they fixed it! Very impressed. With myself, mainly. I was then given a chipped Xbox, which I now use for everything from playing games and downloaded movies to watching BBC iPlayer at better than freeview quality. The thing I love so much about Macs is the OS. The computers are just a stable piece of hardware to run it on and not have to worry about it not working. Mac OS X could be called something else entirely but it would still be the best operating system out there. I'm currently running Snow Leopard, and to say it puts even more distance between the itself and Windows is an understatement. Anyway... I'll not start on about the iPhone
    Please make it stop. No really. Stop.
    Only because you said please, David.
    Thank you. Can we please treat this as official policy now - if you find yourself starting a sentence with _"The thing I love so much about Macs..."_ please stop yourself, count to ten and scrap the post.
    Erm, are you serious? It only seems to be you that has a problem with discussion of this particular topic (Apple). Just asking for a little clarification why this particular subject is not allowed? Not that I talk about it much on here, but I'd be happier to know that if we wanted to we could talk about computers as much as we could talk about the BNP, gay bars, ice cream or curry.
    is it coz i is mac?

(sorry)
  • edited June 2009
    No don't get me wrong, talk about computers all you like. That sentence could have started with _"The thing I love so much about Windows..."_ - its that particular windows/mac debate. For or against either. Why one is the best and the other one isn't. It's just been done to death on a billion trillion forums. Worth adding, I'm not stopping you, I'm just begging. I wasn't serious about it being policy. We don't have them.
  • edited June 2009
    That's nice to hear. I've also just noticed that there's no longer a Eugene's Lair discussion section? unaesthetic: nice joke!
    yeah, what happened to the eugene's lair discussion section! bloody took me ages to push for that one and it isn't there anymore! What gives A & D? gonna set my dog on you.
    Sorry Lucy, it wasn't intended. I think we'll revive Eugene's Lair. Can I pacify you with my latest desktop background? ![tupac](/pics/angeltupac.jpg)
    He looks evil, when he's so cute! Did you just shave him for the summer?
  • edited June 2009
    That's actually last summer, done by the vets, this summer we did it ourselves - trying to avoid unnecessarily putting him under - the hope being he'd behave if I'm holding him while Petra tries clipping. We didn't do too bad but he doesn't look as ghetto thug this year as last.

I've recreated Eugene's Lair. To celebrate I've reallocated this thread to it.
    Yay! Of course, this rather puts the kaibosh on my complaining about computer topics now. Damn.