Free Ice Cream!

edited June 2009 in Local discussion
Ariela has re-located, as of today, three doors down to the front of the Continental Cafe. Free ice creams all round! Meanwhile, someone is busy in Pappagone's stocking some new fridges with bog-standard ice cream. This could get very interesting.

Comments

• edited 2:43PM
    EVERYONE'S INVITED!!!
    we'll be there till at least 10 tonight and there everyday from now on and yes FREE GELATO for everyone TODAY ONLY, just a thank you gesture for being loyal!!!
    And soon you'll know all there is to know about the whole story!!!
    Lots of love see ya at the window...am just about to bring the Limetta down there too!!! (i know you like it)
    Yippee!!
    We're just delighted that you're staying local.
    Now all we need is some more of that proper summer weather.
    Thanks for the free Limetta today, totally gorg and good luck with the new location. So soooooooooo pleased you are staying on SGR.
  • edited June 2009
    I thought new ice cream looked rather good. Apparently they supply Harrods.
  • edited July 2009
    Dear katiejane , you really shouldn't believe everything they tell you!!
    Noooo! Did we nearly lose our fantastic SGR gelato? I'm so glad you're still here Ariela, it makes me very happy to have such good ice cream on my doorstep.
  • AliAli
    edited 2:43PM
    Glad to a have bought an Ice Cream at Wray Street on Saturday !
    Over heard a conversation that I will be able to buy more at the Stroud Green School Summer Fair on Saturday.
    It is great to see the “Fridge” bike out in the community !
    What's happened to Ariela? Are you there Ariela?
    Confession time: I tried the rival ice cream at Pappagone the other night, and it wasn't bad at all. Not better than Ariela's but just as good. The flavours were a bit uninspiring (no limetta...), mind you.
    I wanted an ice cream the other day, but had to get one from Pappagone's. I'm sorry I didn't notice Ariela wasn't in the Continental Cafe sooner.

The new ice cream says they're the only ice cream makers in the world endorsed by the slow food movement. But I can name Sorbetteria Castiglione in Bologna and Vivoli in Florence as two others if anyone wants to argue the toss with them.
    Oh, lordy, you've gone and mentioned Vivoli. That's just cruel. How on earth am I supposed to satisfy that craving??
    Listen to you all! Bologna, Florence and the like. Personally I crave Lyons Maid Neopolitan. Mixing up chocolate, strawberry and vanilla together to make brown.
    I'm a big fan of Scoop in Covent Garden - their cinnamon is really nice. Anyone tried that Argentinian place in Mayfair yet?
    Never be tempted to have all cinnamon - it gets a bit much.
  • AliAli
    edited 2:43PM
    I used to love Lyons Maid - Fireball XL5 ice lollys - whoosh
    Where is Ariela? We tried the ice cream in Pappagone today, the range is tiny, it's not a patch on Ariela's range, boo hoo, we miss her gelato.
    Her <a href="http://www.ilgelatodiariela.co.uk/index.php?content=23" target="qwerty">website</a> has changed. Again. It looks like she's relocated. Again.
    Limetta is called Lime Sorbet in Hampstead and costs £1.80 a shot.