Not too much to say

edited August 2009 in Local discussion
Hi, I am new on here and just wanted to say hi. I am kinda shy, so I really don't talk much but read alot. I wanted to be a member to find out what the world is like. I am from the U.S. and I love yalls acent and your way of life. I look forward to meeting each and everyone of you.

Comments

• edited 12:37PM
    You joined to find out what the world is like?
    Stroud Green is the world
    Well I know what the US is like but not Britian...maybe I shouldnt have said anything..
    Welcome, Debbie. So you live in Stroud Green, then? How long for?
    No I live in the U.S....I live in Utah. It is very pretty here in Utah but the pics of Scotland and all over the area there is beautiful and would love to live there
    Hey Debbie. This forum is mostly focussed on part of London. It's a long way from Scotland. If it was in the US, it would be an unloved part of Brooklyn, or maybe a less salubrious part of Toronto. How on earth did you find this site?
    Just found it on line....I really dont know...lol...but some of things you guys were talking about was really interesting but alot of it I didnt understand of course being from the us I wouldnt understand. That was why I wanted to join so I could get a better look on life in different parts of the world. And then I noticed sometimes yall talk about people you see and that caught my attention. I also jointed the music ...last.fm.....So u dont run this site u just know the passwords.....lol
    toronto isn't in the US
    Nope it is in Canada....Been there...been all over Canada...Banff National Park is one of the prettiest places... and Louise Lake is beautiful
    i like the word Banff
    Yeah, different huh?!
    Wait, wait, wait. Canada's a country?
    Hey Andy? What is andmartin.net about? Is it a charity organization? Yeah Canada is a country......
    This is already the best thread ever.

Can we sort out twinning of Stroud Green and Salt Lake City?

Less Mormons over here though... and less salt... probably.
    can we sort out the difference between 'less' and 'fewer' while we're at it? second one on here today...
    Apologies - I was just excited about our visitor and her view of what we look like from the big wide world outside N4.
    Oh by the way...nothing against Mormons but I am not a Latter Day Saint..(That is what they preferred to be called)...Living in Salt Lake City is like living in that movie where when you did bad things they turned into color...Pleasantville....lol...sorry
    Stroud Green is more like Baltimore... but only in our imagination.
    Guys...Thanx...Deb
    Debbie are you real or just a stereotype??? I'm scared of your answer.
    Bugger. I recently travelled across Canada by train, and I completely missed the "looks like Stroud Green Road" bit. Must have been whilst I was asleep.

Mind you, the ponds on the potholes on Stroud Green Road do have a certain Canadian Shield quality about them.
    Who is this really? James McAvoy? For someone who doesn't have much to say, you have an awful lot to say. Welcome though anyway(s).
  • AliAli
    edited 12:37PM
    Banff is in Scotland
    lol...oh my....

oversimplified conception: an oversimplified standardized image of a person or group
    - metal printing plate: a metal printing plate cast from a mold in another material such as papier-mâché
    - reduce somebody to oversimplified category: to categorize individuals or groups according to an oversimplified standa…

Well I dont think I am those...lol...But I am just someone who is my own person....so anyway.....why are you scared of my answer? The one where I said Guys...thanx? ANd the reason I said that was because I thought everyone was thru talking about that subject so I was just saying bye....hmmmmm...well anyway ...NO I am not James McAvoy.....But would love to meet hima and talk to him...but that will never happen.....lol...only in my dreams....Banff National Park is in Canada....I will look up Banff Scotland tho.
    Erm, shake your love?
  • IanIan
    edited 12:37PM
    Hey - she's just like us, when it comes down to it.

Whatever 'it' is.