White Lion of Mortimer

edited November 2009 in Local discussion
I have taken a bit of a shine to the WLM. In fact I am in there now. I've been here an hour and nobody has hit me, insulted me, knocked over my beer or been sick over my shoes.

Some quite racy folk and interesting characters.

Or are my standards slipping?

Comments

• edited 4:47PM
    I probably wouldn't go there of a weekend evening, but for lunch and cheap booze during the day, it is much to be commended.
    Look out for a Cat Stevens look-a-like who has a hobby of knicking your bag. I've never gone in there since!
  • I went in there again. The shame. Possibly the best and most professional bar staff anywhere in Stroud Green though. And the best range of ciders.
    Yeah, as a cider-drinker it's not often that I find myself lost for choice, but they have so many, *plus* two varieties of alcoholic ginger beer!
    i admit i especially seek out wetherspoonses just for the alcoholic ginger beers. why doesn't anyone else sell them??
    Yes that pub has some characters.

the food is pretty good,
    It beats paying 13 quid for a roast in the old dairy!
  • We're all coming out of the woodwork now.....WLM fans the lot of us.

My brother came down from Glasgow recently and was thrilled, said it was the best pub he'd been into for ages. I think that says a lot about Scottish pubs mind you.
    We had a football club pub crawl in Stroud Green about six months ago. WLM had to be the highlight, especially the £1 pints of Greene King (I think, I can't remember that much).

One bloke started talking to me in the toilets explaining how his wife was giving him grief for drinking too much and that he wasn't that drunk really. All the time, he *completely* missed the urinals and just pissed on the floor in front of him. I didn't know whether to do the same to be polite (when in WLM etc ...)
    Can we have the next meet-up in there? Sounds ace. Plus I am skint.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I PREFER WMD!
    Well if you like drinking in an airport departure lounge with orange and yellow carpet tiles then you would also think the foods lovely, beer wonderful and characters colourful - their chef d 'microwave is working on Christmas Day. Just angle your seat to keep an eye on the departure screen and watch out for any last minute gate changes. [ it was a good pub now it''s an assault course for training Wetherspoons staff]