Licencing applicaation by Black Sea BBQ, 169 Stroud Green Road

Hi all,

Happy New Year.

I've just recieved an email about an application by Black Sea BBQ to extend their opening hours. As local residents, you may wish to express a view (or not, if you're not bothered - it's really up to you):

Dear Sir/Madam,

We have received the following application for a Premises Licence (New):

Premises Name: Black Sea BBQ
Address: 169 Stroud Green Road, London, N4 3PZ

Received by the licensing team: 24 December 2009
Last date for representations: 21 January 2010

The application is for:
the provision of late night refreshment: 2300 to 0100 the following day from Sunday to Thursday & 2300 to 0230 the following day on Friday and Saturday.

Please contact me if you would like a copy of the application. You are not able to make a representation unless you personally live or have a business within the vicinity of the premises, and then this must be done in your own right rather than as Ward Councillor.

Regards
Aiden Fitzsimons
Licensing Support Officer
Licensing Team
Public Protection Division
Environment & Regeneration
Islington Council
3rd Floor, 222 Upper Street, London, N1 1XR
Tel: 020 7527 3031 Fax: 020 7527 3430
Aiden.Fitzsimons@islington.gov.uk

Comments

• edited 3:34PM
    I have no views at all about BS BBQ's opening hours, but I do wonder about their food, cleanliness and general hygeine standards. Someone I know came down with food poisoning after getting a takeaway from there on New Year's Eve. Some of that barbecue ended up on my carpet, in fact. Any further reports?

if I recall, this was the very same place where (under a previous name - don't know about the management) they found a rat's nest under the oven a couple of years ago.
    Yup. But rats' nest, not rat's nest.
    Heavens - more than one of them!
  • IanIan
    edited 3:34PM
    It would be hypocritical of me to oppose people getting late night kebabs given that for well over a decade that was my standard approach to eating. In this case - not been since the rat. They can open until 3am and I'd still walk on by after that.
  • Great, I live opposite so even more drunken, shouty people till longer into the early hours to listen to on a Friday! I don't rate their food too much but they were very friendly (this was last year) and have a back garden that they told me they intended on creating a BBQ session in the summer. I think they struggle but the front door is very off putting, broken with duct tape or something to hold it together.
    No problem with the food, service quite friendly, late booze sales to take-away are a no-no and unnecessary! there are a few place with late licenses to drink in around SG and surrounding neighbourhood. Take-away aspect will mean mostly under age drinkers congregating.
    [ and the occasional stunned reveller who can't believe their luck at getting a drink, that is until they try to stagger whilst eating kebab and drinking at same time]
    They're owned by Woody's, aren't they?