Sugar Lounge

edited July 2009 in Local discussion
Just had dinner in the Sugar Lounge for the first time. Fantastic atmosphere and delicious food... but what are they thinking with those paintings? I couldn't believe they were selling for £5,000! Still it was a lovely night out and I really recommend going if you've never been. The mojitos are among the best i've ever tasted. We had a mixed grill and it was absolutely delicious.

Comments

• edited 9:54PM
    The staff are so nice
  • edited September 2009
    Went here for dinner earlier. It was raining too much so we decided not to go as far a Petek's. Food was great, service was only OK, paintings were overpriced. There was the first of a set of literary nights on, so the back part was rammed. Great atmosphere even though the front wasn't so busy. Recommended.
    Yup totally agree.
    Me too. Even my parents, both in their mid 70s, enjoyed themselves and liked the food.
    When was the literary night? Do you know what sort of thing they were doing? Sounds interesting!
  • edited September 2009
    Weds night, though probably occaisional. Check the window for a notice or go in and ask!
    Fantastic Magaritas, still feel awful
  • RegReg
    edited 9:54PM
    Went in for "turkish breakfast" this morning. We were aiming for a greasy spoon but decided to give it a go. I really enjoyed it; fried egg, spicy sausage, halloumi, pitta, some sort of feta, tomato, cucumber, sweet peppers and jam (weird but worked). Served with tea. Not cheap at £6 each but I would go again. Cocktail list looked good so will def pop back in but they too looked pricey. Was very quiet, had the pick of the place. Add me to the list of fans.
  • AliAli
    edited 9:54PM
    It was packed on Saturday evenining with some sort of party going on
    Had the "healthy menu" on Sunday evening. The hot meze was pretty good but all the cold stuff was disappointing and SOO salty it should be called the "hypertensive" menu. Warm white wine when it was brought out too, although they did put it in a cooler.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    The food would have to be be bloody delicious to make me go back following terrible service and failing loos.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    i've been four times and i only go back for the atmosphere and the food - it feels more upscale and slightly 'lighter' than petak - but the service staff (except for the owner, who calls it sugar lounge because she made her money to invest by brining sugar waxing from turkey to england, FYI) is clueless and doesn't really seem to understand what you say, and the alcohol is overpriced, making an otherwise affordable evening always end with a little bit of sticker shock. that said, if it's a saturday night with my boyfriend, i'd pick sugar lounge over petak, weekday or lunch, petak.
    One of the barmen in the Sugar Lounge fixed my laptop for me.
    Any updates on the Sugar Lounge? I was thinking of going there tomorrow night for cocktails and food but I'm a bit nervous after reading the reports of bad service and bad loos!
    They let me in late last saturday/sunday am. I wouldn't have let me in. didn't know my own name.