Where can I buy an armchair? Martin Amis's "The Pregnant Widow"

Where can I buy an armchair ? A new one not second hand.I don't want to spend more than £250. I bought the new Martin Amis novel called "The Pregnant Widow", all about how feminism and the sexual revolution damaged England,and I need a comfy chair to read it in. I've got the book London Fields also by Martin Amis on the bedside table to read that too.Anyone read these books? I read The Rachel Papers which I found a bit crude, Martin Amis described The rachel papers as technically weak,he reread his own book and just bascially thought it was weak in some ways but he did write that book age 23 now he is 60 years old. Parp!Parp!Parp! Honk! Honk! Honk! Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Comments

• IanIan
    edited 6:57AM
  • edited 6:57AM
    I very much enjoyed the Rachel Papers, possibly because it was quite crude. I recommend House of Meetings and Time's Arrow (but not as uplifting reading matter - they're not comic.)

Did you see the reviews slating 'The Pregnant Widow'? The guy in the Evening Standard hated it. I'm still going to read it though, I reckon. I'd be interested to hear what you think of it!

ps didn't understand the farmyard noises.

pps <a href="http://www.freecycle.org/group/United Kingdom/London/Islington East-Finsbury Park,Highbury,Newington Gr/messages/offer">local freecycle offers</a> - maybe some chairs?
    That's just bizzare.
    FURNITURE SHOP ON SGR DOES GREAT ARMCHAIRS CHEAPER THAN ARMCHAIRS'R'US AND BETTER THAN IKEA
    Correct spelling undermined an otherwise promising Medi impression.
    try FURNITURE 2 GO 37-39 STROUD GREEN ROAD.

very cheap and better than ikea and argos and helpful people.

if theres nothing you like check out their catalogue.

and would be delivered and assembled for FREE
    not like ikea. (stress free)

support your local....

sorry.... do not get me wrong nothing against the
    swedish...................
  • edited February 2010
    Uh-oh. I see capitals are creeping in.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited February 2010
    I read Experience by Martin Amis which is autobiographical - absolutely fascinating. A lot about his father and their relationship. A lot about the young Amis growing up in the 60s/70s. Some very dark stuff about his cousin who was one of Fred West's victims. Full of fascinating insights into all sorts of things.
    I then read my first Martin Amis novel - The Information - which I thought was very good but disappointing nevertheless.
    Anyone else read either of these?
    Sorry, can't help with the armchair. Try Ikea!
    I read London Fields and Money about 15 years ago. I was impressionable and thought they were very good.

Looking back, my opinions at that age weren't all that reliable, so I'm not sure if that's an endorsement.
    (Ex?) local boy Nick Frost is starring in a TV version of Money soon, which should be quite fun. But from what little I've read (short stories and essays) I have also concluded that I prefer Martin's non-fiction.
    Definitely ex. Now in Twickenham. Fascinating, I'm sure you'll agree.