houses

edited November 2006 in Local discussion
I'm really keen to find a house in Stroud green, as it looks like a very cool area, plus my best friend is moving there in January. It's a lunatic market out there, if anyone has any leads then I'd be really grateful of them!

Comments

• edited 12:38PM
    Davies & Davies is (i think) probably the best estate agent around here.

What are you looking for? House, Flat, Garden? There are a few places in our road that look like they're being done up by developers...
    I have seen several 'for sale' signs around, mostly Davies & Davies.
    oo thanks- looking for a whole house if you hear of one. I'll try Davies and Davies, thanks.
    Next door just sold through Davies and Davies. It was done up by a developer who bought it at auction. More importantly, it was sold before it ever got onto D&D's main lists. Until we launch the internet thingy that will destroy estate agents forever (in the next couple of months, probably) I think you basically have to cosy up to them and see what's coming on in their pipeline.
    House next ro us is for sale. £700,000. Neighbours are a nightmare though.
    wow, that's a bit more than we thought- which road, and when you say "nightmare".....?

who is it on through, do you know?
    doug's in the posh end. lots of houses for less than that.
    'Nightmare' Er - I meant us. Joke, d'you see?
    And who is your father's brother nephew? Hey? Hey?
    oh so sorry! doh. I actually have an excellent sense of humour, email problems, etc etc
    Can we buy the house then??! which agent is it with or is it a private one....
    I'd just like to add a touch of frustration to this topic.

Some of you may remember that I lived, as a boy, in Florence Road from 1945 - 1953.

Well, our rent, for a middle set of two rooms and a kitchen - and I know this because I had to take the rent book to the landlord every week - was seventeen shillings and sixpence in 1953.

!!!!
    Aye. You had it lucky. I lived in a matchbox and had to lick the road clean of a morning.

etc etc
    andy, are you doing any work today?
    Yes. Loads and loads and loads.

And loads.
    I'm not actually interested in where you may have put your tongue in the past, andy, I was simply trying to point out the imbalance that exists between value for money and hot air.
    has doug gone missing or is the house no longer available? we're in for an offer but not heard back.....