New members

edited April 2006 in About this site
This site will never get busy if it's just me and david arguing about markdown languages.

And to be honest, if that's all there is, it doesn't deserve to either.

The only solution is more members. Anyone got any ideas about who could join? Pedro (david), Dan (nat), Matt (rach), Nik K (tim)?

It's all about scale, people.

Comments

• edited 3:23PM
    and eyeballs.

and traffic.

and monetising those eyeballs.

I'm so 1998.
  • edited April 2006
    I've invited don Pedro. Shall I invite my mum, too? how about our cat?
    who is don pedro? if your cat can be invited then I'm lobbying for plum! Now I'm back in a country that has the internet (the French are so screwed) I will begin uploading lovely photos of my boy.
    don Pedro is David's mate....Pedro

He lives near the Sobell centre, so he is on demographic.
    bnot stroudgreen is it. more like real finsbury park or even, god forbid, holloway!

But I'm sure we'll make him very welcome. Not his fault.
    Yeah I know, between Finsbury Park and Holloway...
    Have you been to the Nags Head Market? Not too bad if you are looking for fresh vegs and stuff...Not that bad if you don't look at the people around...
  • LizLiz
    edited 3:23PM
    Much as I will get the piss taken out of me, I like the Nags Head market and you can get great shoes for no money in Peacocks...(not by shoplifting them, obviously, though it would put you in a minority).
    and the Swimmer. Don't forget the Swimmer.
  • LizLiz
    Is that a pub too?
    am I to be excluded on account of not living in Stroud Green??
    absolutely not.

there are loads of other reasons to exclude you.

but until you break one of the many unwritten and unspoken laws, your membership is safe.
    Have never been to the Nags Head market and have lived here for many years!

By the way Pedro, nice to meet you yesterday. May have met you before but have an awful memory for faces, names, actually just awful altogether.

Am becoming intimidated by this site as everyone being funny. Feel I should try harder on my posts! That or just give up.
    Nags Head market is wicked - cheap and cheerful.

and Lucy, I have to take you there one day.
  • LizLiz
    Lou, it's a bit like Shepherds Bush. That's why I like it...and I know what you think of Sheps Bush!
    Though if you need multi-coloured wash baskets at 99p a throw, that's your place.
    ah, Shepherds Bush.

Still, I suppose the Nags Head has one up on it at least - being in Norff London.

We will have to have an expedition - I am happy to be guided around this new destination.
    I'd like to stake my claim as a new member.
    In case you would like to know how things used to be in SG from 1945 - 1967, ask me. I lived in Florence Road, until 1953 (when Ronaldshay was just a bombsite) and spent a very happy childhood there. Then in CE until 1966 with a short break.
    There was only one car parked in Florence Road during those years so we played cricket, football, hockey - all full in the road. And don't forget - there was the Ally-pally Pull and Push, the most used transport around!
    Hello Busby,

Most people registered on this site are very much newcomers to the area.
    Some don't even leave here - I keep deciding whether or not to ban them.

Anyway, the idea that there's only one car in Florence Road seems ridiculous now when they charge #30 for a skip permit.

Anyway, welcome. Most stuff on this site is drivel anyway.