VENEZIA

2»

Comments

• edited 2:17PM
    I'd like to know is what was going through the owner's head when he decided to open a pizzeria right down the street from two established pizza places with loyal followings. Not to mention all the other pizzerias in Crouch End, Highbury, etc, that deliver to N4. Was there really a gap in the market? How much pizza do the good people of Stroud Green eat?

Moreover, if you're going to open a pizza place, it would help to know a little about making pizza. Venezia's pizzas just aren't good. And they're more expensive than Pappagone & La Porchetta.

I'm happy to support good local businesses. Venezia may be local, but it's certainly not good. And this shilling makes me slightly nauseous.
    ANY OF YOU GUYS CALL VENEZIA WILL HAVE HALF PRICE FOOD IF YOU ORDER ,(JUST MENTION YOU BEEN ON DISCUSSION WITH MEDI)YOU CAN ORDER DEIVERY,OR COME TO VENEZIA,
    I WILL DO IT BCS STILL THINKING PEOPLE ARE WRONG ABOUT THE PLACE
    ALSO I WANT TO INTRADUCE THE BEST PIZZA RESTAURANT WITH THE HEALTY FOOD IN AREA TO YOU ,TRY IT,ENJOY IT,AND GIVE TO STROUD GREEN ORG YOUR REVIEWS.
    I don't think all this medi business quite captures the spirit of the site. It's clear someone here is part of the "management team" or else how can you wrangle a blanked discount for everyone on here?
    People come here to write their opinions - right or wrong! Take the feedback and work with it....
    I've eaten at most of the restaurants on Blackstock Road and SGR, some I go back to because of the atmosphere, others because of the food and hopefully both. I have been to Venezia and have to say it is not as good as the competition and that is why I haven't been back. It's not a case of not wanting to support local business - doing just that is partly the point of this site, it's just that when you go out and spend your hard earned cash, you want the best you can get in return.
    @benny - I completely agree.
    Medi master not writing caps. Medi learn true meaning spam. Master Po say only then Medi make pizza worthy caps and spam.
    hello SG'ers. I'm afraid that I have to break ranks on this issue, and wholeheartedly endorse the pizzas from Venezia. I haven't found them to be overly oily or lacking in flavour, and I've been eating at the other two places for a few years. While I've never eaten in the restaurant, I've had delivery a number of times, and I recently popped in to meet the infamous Medi, who is a friendly and genuine fella from Italy. His main concern seemed to be that sg'ers might have put people off from even trying the pizzas... and I can see how that might happen. Maybe I've got a faulty mouth or something, but I've honestly always enjoyed the pizzas, and they've always gone down well with guests.

I should also point out that I didn't score a half price meal. Seemed like the offer has probably timed out, and I didn't want to appear rude after having not previously spoken out as a dissenting voice.

Anyway.
    Go Steve. Dissent is where it's at.
  • edited August 2009
    All opinions welcome steve, though I'd suggest the only comments on this board that may have negatively affected trade for Venezia were made by Medi himself.
    I'm also not adverse to Venezia. Wouldn't eat in but their take-way is fine. It has the massive advantage of staying open later than the other pizza places (I'm thinking til midnight but could be wrong?) What would massively boost them for me is if they actually did do pasta dishes to deliver (as the sign outside seems to imply)
    I am newish to the area but have enjoyed several Venezia takeaways in the last few months. I actually think it's better than Pappagone and they do home delivery (don't think Pgne does?). My local pizza place used to be Firezza in Highbury and I think that Venezia is on a par with providing good quality food and miles better in terms of service. I have been consistently impressed with what they are offering and can recommend it highly. I can't comment on the meat pizzas as I don't eat them but the veggie options, sides and desserts are good. I don't work for Venezia but I don't blame Medi for a bit of promotional work when times are tough. Hopefully the negative comments above won't damage business as i would be very disappointed if it closed!
    Having had one of those "I can't be arsed to cook" feelings as I came home from the tube, I took a chance on Venezia tonight. Better than the Firezza (?) one on Stapleton Hall Road, and it's better than La Porchetta has been recently. A bit too rich sauce, but very well cooked and you could see the guy doing the cooking was concentrating.

I know what everyone means about the back room though!!!
    please try them again. i love Venezia. even better than Firezza if you want a delivery. and its actually pretty nice and cosy inside. they have candles. more people should try it out. the fiorentina is great. im ordering one now!!
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I have got Venezia take out three or four times over the last couple of months, and each time I've been impressed to be honest. Some are better than others, but they're consistently interesting and the ingredients seem quite fresh.

Thumbs up from me as well...
    Funniest post in here!
    Would never even consider eating pizza in there.
    Completely out of post but Oregano in Upper Street is best pizza for me... Porchetta can do if you can't face the journey.
    Venezia do great pizzas. They have now become my Pizza vendor of choice on Hungry House.
    Nothing more to say really other than really, really nice :)
    We had one the other day and I wasn't terribly impressed to be honest. There was virtually no cheese whatsoever. Left me feeling thoroughly unsatisfied.
    I've been told that is the more authentic Italian style of pizza, but then I've never cared much for the dead hand of 'authenticity' - especially not if it gets in the way of MOAR CHEESE.
    Strolling up SGR last night with the missus we decided to drop into Venezia. Excellent. Best pizza so far in Stroud Green (I’m yet to try La Porchetta). Ordered a salad t0o which was top-notch, the dressing was incredible. I took a takeaway menu and intend to use it! It’s not the classiest of environments inside, but the friendly gent serving (who I suspect was Medi) said he was planning to move the bar to make more room. My only peeve, however minor, was that it took longer than my patience threshold of 5 minutes to bring the two beers that we initially ordered, but I’m not a tolerant man when I’m thirsty. It was nice to see the pizza dough being made in front of us while we waited. Really wide range of pizzas, and the ingredients were fresh and seriously tasty. Bravo. A