Making the area better?

2»

Comments

• edited 3:58AM
    In related news that I haven't seen on here yet: "Plans have been approved for the refurbishment of Hornsey Town Hall. The conversion of the grade II listed building into an arts and culture centre is part of a scheme that will include offices and homes."
    There are various other open spaces dotted about the area - even aside from benches along the Parkland Walk, there are the small parklets on Wray Crescent and that road whose name escapes me between Fonthill and Charteris. Plus the green spaces within some of the blocks of flats on the east of SGR. Apart from anything else, would anyone really want to sit in a park right next to a busy crossroads?
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AliAli
    edited 3:58AM
    The plants that have been put there are deliberate low maintenance and can live in dry conditions so don’t need much work to look after them . The Bottle Brush is very nice. It used to be some very old Roses that had a few but great smelling flowers.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Thanks for your thoughtful comments, Misscara. More stuff for me to pass on to the Woodstock Road crowd!
    ...while we're on the subject, where is "Ferme Park"???
  • edited August 2010
    Good question. Curiously ‘Ferme Park Sidings’ is the official name of the railway depot at Hornsey Rail. I wonder whether ‘Ferme Park’ was another name for Hornsey Vale once upon a time, like ‘Abyssinia’.
    Doesn't that border Xanadu, just west of the Five Ways?