Massage in Stroud Green - on a budget!

edited August 2010 in Local discussion
Does anyone know if the Chinese medicine place on SGR, near Dream River Cafe is any good? I suffer from a herniated disc in my neck, and although i'm having physio, i need to get some massage too. I know there is a new place on Ferme Park Rd, and I'm wondering if it is worth the extra money, or should I try the chinese one? Any thoughts?

Comments

• edited 12:33PM
    There was another thread on the chinese place. Some people thought it ok, except the guy answered his mobile while he was doing the massage. I been a few times to the place on Ferme Park Road. They are really lovely people there. It's quite a small team and the main massage person I think is Joy. She's away until the end of August now. She's very good. I've got RSI in my shoulder, arm and wrist. I think from clenching the mouse in a vice like grip everyday for the last 15 years. Joy doesn't do the usual thing of just going round your body doing the same thing with everybody. I've had loads of those, but actually focusses on the bit that hurts and really tries to work it out, whilst listening to you as well.
    thanks dorothy, that's helpful. what are the prices like there? i really just need the focus on my shoulders and neck, as i'm tied to my desk too and i appear to have rusted!
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Hi nesta it depends what you expect / want for your money.

IBD are thorough, especially if you have long-term problems. Not that expensive IMHO. especially if you take up their offers. I get the feeling you get more benefit the more times you go.

Chinese place is a quick-fix. Similar price to IBD (slightly cheaper but not by much), no extensive "what's wrong with you" chat or diagnosis, just a good old-fashioned muscle rub. Good if that's all you need...
    Just thought I'd let you know that IBD are currently running a '3 for 2' offer on treatments throughout Jan and Feb. So you can get three treatments of any kind (sports massage, thai, swedish, etc.) for a total cost of £90, working out at £30 per visit, which is fantastic value.

I went today (having previously used this thread to find out about them) for my first massage and was mightily impressed. I'd definitely recommend them.

Hope this helps.
    I'm a big fan of Integrated Body Dynamics! Went today to take advantage of the 3-for-2 offer - I must say, I feel amazing. Jenny is absolutely fantastic, she's so kind and caring, I really recommend going.
  • edited March 2011
    Every Mondays 10-2 and Fridays 4-8 drop in massage sessions (from £5) at the Highbury Park Clinic, 111 Highbury Park N5 1UB. Also Craniosacral and Shiatsu Treatments. £15 off when you book your first 30 minute Shiatsu treatment. Great relaxation and musculoskeletal pain relief. for more details visit <http://www.urbanshiatsu.com>; <http://www.alfredohunter.com>;
  • KazKaz
    edited 12:33PM
    Simona at Oasis in the Sobell centre is excellent. She was on maternity leave, not sure if she's back. Both me and a couple of friends have been to see her.
    Went to IBD on Friday based on above and it's helped me loads with a frozen neck. They were really nice too - I saw Joy, who was lovely, but the whole place has a nice vibe. Def recommend.