Has anyone seen a small, black, female cat recently - mine has gone missing

edited August 2010 in Local discussion
Nigel is a small and black shorthaired mixed breed female cat with two whiteish areas; one between her hind legs and the other on the front of her neck. Nigel doesn't have a collar or a microchip. She's very shy of strangers, but usually responds to her name, and can be vocal when she wants something. She went missing from my house on Marriott Road on the 10-12th of August. We really miss her, so we will pay a reward of 200 pounds for her safe return.

If you think you've seen her, might know what has happened to her or found her, please contact me on martine_poppe@hotmail.com

There are pictures of her on this link:

http://www.gumtree.com/london/48/64604148.html

Comments

• edited 1:27PM
    I dont want to get your hopes up as I haven't studied this cat closely but I have noticed a black cat without a collar wondering around the Crouch Hill end of Mount View Road lately and facially it looks a lot like that photo. I walk this route all the time and have only noticed the cat in the last 2 weeks. I don't think it is yours as it is quite friendly and I have stroked it a few times, it's also quite a distance from where you say she disappeared from. Last time I saw it was yesterday morning by the bushes infront of the car park of Video Court (the block of flats). If I see it again this weekend I will call it's name and see if it has any white patches.
    Thank you so much! It is a bit far off, but then again she has had quite a lot of time to wander, so I'll head up and call for her.

Let me know if she responds when you call, and thanks for caring!

Best,

Martine
    i saw a note on a lamppost somewhere today advertising a found cat, but no more detail i think it was just next to the dr's surgery on hanley road - maybe worth checking out?
    There's a poster on one of the lampposts or trees on Stapleton hall road, right hand side as you walk up to the station from oakfield. I haven't read it in detail tho.
    Have you tried contacting the Cat Protection League in Archway on Junction Road. Found cats in the area sometimes end up there
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I think I saw a black cat walking up Mount Pleasant Villas. But I can't be sure, really sorry.
    Thanks for your help everyone. I've received some phone calls letting me know that Nigel died 3 weeks ago in a road accident. But thank you so much for trying to help.

Thanks
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    oh no that's terrible, so sorry to hear that. I saw the black cat on Mount View Road again this morning as I was reading the poster you put up. It looked remarkably like the photo but did not have any white patches.
    sorry to hear that.