Real London Gin

AliAli
edited September 2010 in Local discussion
Came across this today which thought might interest some of the drinkers on here. Who would have thought that we have our own legal Gin Distillery at the end of Parkland walk, apparently it is distilled in a Wendy House at the end of a garden. Real London Gin ! Anyone tried it ?

Comments

• edited 1:01PM
    If they have sloe gin I'm going there immediately.
    Sounds amazing - any contact details / website?
    I might pick some up from Fortnum and Mason on the way home. They sell it at the Sampler on Upper St too!
    No sloe gin but I'm very intrigued by the Christmas Pudding blend in the 'Exotic' section.
    I've read a bit about this. All very cool. They should send us some free samples or do a tasting or something.
    Hello - I did produce some Sloe (and Damson) Gin last year, and I'm about to produce an Organic Gin, an Organic Christmas pudding Gin, and an Organic Absinthe with Wormwood from Somerset. In case you are interested. I don't put things on the website or in shops until they are available in commercial quantities, though. Happy to send a free sample or 2. Tomorrow I'm bottling 12,000 20cl bottles of an Organic DIY Gin kit, so you can mix your own bespoke gin - 11 pure distillates available, including Juniper (obviously), Mixed citrus, Angelica, Cardamom, Coriander, Pink grapefruit, Licorice, Cassia, Orris root etc.
    best wishes
    Ian Hart
    0208 340 0992
    @Sacred Gin
    I absolutely love the idea that you are making Absinthe at the bottom of the garden, it's like Prohibition days. Excellent work!

Unfortunately I am not allowed (on the instruction of my friends) to drink Absinthe ever again, but I'll give you a call as I would very much like have a sample of your Christmas Pudding Gin. Will you be making any Sloe Gin this year? It's my favourite Autumn nightcap.