Just got £60 off a body and scalp massage treatment!

edited September 2010 in Local discussion
Has anyone ever heard of Groupon.co.uk? I signed up a few weeks ago and they do a lot of amazing deals/discounts that only last for one day - the idea is if loads of people in a particular city buy them, then everyone gets a discount. I also like Groupola and Living Social (same premise if you've ever heard of them). Anyway, I saw this today: £25 instead of £85 for a revitalising full body polish plus a hot oil aroma body and scalp massage at Aquarius Beauty. It is the first one I've seen that's really local! Aquarius Beauty is right near Finsbury Park station, check it out: <http://www.aquariusbeauty.co.uk/location.html>; I think it sounds amazing! Has anyone ever been? Anyone I've got one so I'm going to check it out. Cheers! Donna

Comments

• edited 8:40AM
    Thanks for posting this, it sounds great - I've just signed up for it too!
    <http://posiescafe.com/wp/?p=316>; Groupon seem a little bit evil, according to this post.
  • edited September 2010
    Just read that - pretty awful! :( Unfortuantely, I've bought the voucher so I will just have to ask Aquarius Beauty how they find it. Maybe it works better for some businesses than others. I've deleted the links I put in my original post seeing as they might not be as good as they appear...
    If all businesses had that experience you'd think Groupon would go out of business. I've used groupon before elsewhere and loved it but for some reason they seem to have fairly uninspired offers in London. It's definitely a case of buyer beware though because I think they tend to overstate the retail price of services/goods to make the discount seem more attractive. I bought a voucher for a two hour cooking class which they said was worth £85 but on the website for the cooking school was available for £75. Even so I thought the groupon deal was pretty good at £40.