Journeys from FInsbury Park this morning

edited October 2010 in Local discussion
If you haven't yet left for work and you plan to use FP tube, leave yourself a lot extra time for the journey. There are delays on both lines and FP is closed due to overcrowding. I waited outside in the rain for 15 minutes before abandoning ship and catching the bus. Good luck chaps.

Comments

• edited 5:23PM
    Hell on the Vic, stuck in tunnels half the time.
    I'm so pleased I gave up on the tube - Warren Street was closed by the time I got here. Would have had to get off somewhere else and walk anyway. Rubbish!
    my regular Warren st commute is the train to Kings X and a 15 min walk... or bus in the rain. No issues at all today.
    Yes, it was uncomfortable and slow this morning - the trains were coming in to FP packed because of earlier problems at Seven Sisters, and then the train I was finally on was called out of service at Oxford Circus, so trains were held all along the line. I'm going to blame the new trains, without foundation, just because I really hate them.
    @staplejack Can you use your Oyster card on the train and is it the same price as the tube? Might have to try that, the underground is a thoroughly dismal start to the day even when it's running smoothly.
    i was wet and hot and sticky and late and angry when i finally got off the tube this morning
    I have a season ticket so not sure of PAYG pricing - but <a href="http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14414.aspx">Oysters</a> are valid. The tube just gets worse with (my) age...
  • edited October 2010
    The train usually works like a charm from FP. I think the same Oyster rates apply, but my travel card is definitely valid. Even when the trains are rammed, they are infinitely more comfortable than the tube, as they're not as hot, and people seem to be generally a lot less pushy and angry.
    Train to KX is quick and smooth. Oystercard fares - depend on when you travel, I was told they are higher morning rush hour and after 4.30pm. But possibly a price worth paying now and then.
    I think the national rail Oyster scheme is a bit more expensive than TFL, but as others have noted it seems to vary quite a bit based upon time of day. I didn't think it was fully included in your season ticket, but then I only have a zone 1-2 pass and when I take the train it's usually from Harringay in zone 3.
    @staplejack. Thank you for the link. The website says that the single, peak time fare (with Oyster) into zone 1 from FP would be £2.10. So if I take your tip and walk from Kings Cross I'd have a much less stressful journey, get a bit of fresh air and save money!
    Same story again this morning chaps, good luck with your journeys!