Life coaching

edited December 2010 in Local discussion
Just wanted to say if anyone has ever considered having a life coach, I can recommend a really good one who is local to Stroud Green. I've just finished four sessions with her and found it really useful. The life coaching really helped me to sort my goals out. I had one session every two or three weeks over the phone for half an hour. You set yourself tasks and mine were to find out about certain things (to research what I wanted to do effectively) and then (once I felt more ready) to communicate my decisions to different people. So, basically I wanted to recommend it if you're having any big decisions you're struggling with.

Comments

• edited 11:23PM
    How much did it cost? Do you chose the number of sessions in advance or see how it goes?
    I'm a bit sceptical about these quick fix things, but I know people who seem to have got a lot out of them. I was once encouraged to go to see someone to do 'The Baby Journey' to unleash my emotional fertility or something. It was incredibly expensive.
  • edited December 2010
    I agree with you dorothy, usually I steer well clear. In fact, the only reason I decided to do the life coaching was because I met Angela, the life coach, through the Stroud Green book club and she took pity on me and gave me the sessions for free! I think she said, even if she hadn't given me this discount, the first session is usually free, and then it's £35 for each half hour session. I'll probably see Angela at the book club meeting tomorrow so I'll tell her about this thread then in case she wants to come on herself and answer your questions.
    Sounds interseting. I'm usually quite sceptical about this stuff too but about to go back to work full-time after my 2nd baby I'm seriously wondering if I'm doing the right thing. Could actually be useful to talk it through with someone who can help you see things from a different perspective.
    Does she have a website?
    Thanks Donna for this posting!

Yes I do have a website. It is currently under construction. It's www.positivitylightlove.com. All my contact details are on there. I have a special promotion on at the moment so please give me a call and I can tell you more.